News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the second development (the other one is U) I've seen that doesn't have studio units. Is this so they can make the 1 bedrooms even smaller and is this the end of the bachelor apartment?

This project is exciting just in its sheer size and scope... Twice the height of the nearby talls. I hope the financing went through, I would be devasted if this gets put on hold like Waterview (Chicago's Shangri La).

Someone should update the good folks on SSP that the diagram needs 15 more meters;)

Even slightly better news!
The roof height is actually going to be 282.5 meters which is almost 927ft according to the Project Information section.

Height: Storeys: 78
Metres: 265.45 + 17.05 for mechanical
and 8 metre architectural fins
for a total overall height of
290.5 metres

265.45+17.05 = 282.5
or conversely
290.5-8 = 282.5

Clearly somebody can't add :p

Main roof height: 265.45m = 870.9 ft
+ mechanical floors: 282.5m = 926.8 ft
+ architectural elements: 290.5m = 953.1 ft

My big question is what will the Aura team do? As far as I know, they are still waiting for their height variance. My guess: if they don't get the variance, 1BE will be taller, if they do get it, Aura will be taller. Or possibly Aura will have the greater roof height, but 1BE, with its "fins", will have the greater total height.

Main roof height: 265.45m = 870.9 ft
+ mechanical floors: 282.5m = 926.8 ft
+ architectural elements: 290.5m = 953.1 ft

My big question is what will the Aura team do? As far as I know, they are still waiting for their height variance. My guess: if they don't get the variance, 1BE will be taller, if they do get it, Aura will be taller. Or possibly Aura will have the greater roof height, but 1BE, with its "fins", will have the greater total height.

Aura might as well throw a rooftop antenna spire and get the braging rights.

FCP has, if you include its radio antenna.. (it's not our fault it's not counted....look at the BOA building u/c in Manhatten and tell me it's taller than FCP, becuase it has a spire to 1000 ft. -)

Anyways:

This is amazing news.. and the fact that foundation wall building will happen shortly is also very encouraging.

The 1BE/Aura "battle" sounds a lot like Chrysler Building/40 Wall Street skyscraper battle of New York in 1930, at least from a UT forum perspective.

Now we need an Empire State Building-like supertall project to beat them both.

The 1BE/Aura "battle" sounds a lot like Chrysler Building/40 Wall Street skyscraper battle of New York in 1930, at least from a UT forum perspective.

Now we need an Empire State Building-like supertall project to beat them both.

i dont think that the Signature tower will get into this battle.But i sure hope that one day the south/west corner of Bloor and Yonge might be home to a supertall.Its the next best corner in Toronto for development,plus its far enough from the CN tower to avoid competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back