^^^

sorry, but i won't walk up to my swank third floor penthouse. i insist on an elevator.

You heard it from me first, the Trump Tower will now be 62 stories tall, not 60. It will be quite a while before you ever seen an official announcement from Trump though.

From the ground to the top of the corner roof will be 843 ft. Add in the spire and the building will be 925 feet.

The building is now 924.79 ft / 281.88 m."

So this adds perhaps another 35 feet?

Well if you work it out to be 843 ft. to the top of the roof that works out to be just over 14 ft. per floor. Therefore overall height would be minimum 953 ft. most likely. Same height as 1 Bloor. Hmmm...

Could a moderator please update the title? 57s to 62s Thanks!

Sorry Evan, I'm waiting for something "official" from Trumptoronto. The 60 storey number quoted in a couple of newspaper stories never had an authoritative ring in this first place.

In view of the conflicting rumours over the tower's eventual height, and the varying credibility of the sources at hand, perhaps we should go with the one thing everyone can agree on: observable reality, which is immune to changing plans or impending cancellation.

Therefore, the mods should immediately change the title and keep it updated accordingly, starting with: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 0.2s, with various spikey bits, Zeidler)

I think it is best to stick with official numbers, personally. Stuff you see in city documents or on official websites of developments.

In view of the conflicting rumours over the tower's eventual height, and the varying credibility of the sources at hand, perhaps we should go with the one thing everyone can agree on: observable reality, which is immune to changing plans or impending cancellation.

Therefore, the mods should immediately change the title and keep it updated accordingly, starting with: Trump Tower Toronto (Talon, 0.2s, with various spikey bits, Zeidler)
Their official website has stated a 60 storey building for sometime and they have confirmed it many times. I agree with waiting for an official announcement before changing it to 62 stories but the 57 storey is out of date.

http://www.trumptoronto.ca/main_nav.html

Last edited:
While I agree that the Trump Toronto website states that the building will have 60 storeys in its introductory text, the stacking plan still shows 70 storeys. For more than half a year now the website has also declared that it is about to be relaunched, and if that relaunch ever actually occurs, maybe they'll have their story straight regarding storeys then. In the meantime the last official word on City documents showed the building at 57 floors. If UT member Trumptoronto were to post with a definitive account of how the planning for the building has progressed since the original reduction to 57 storeys occurred, then I would be more than happy to change the thread title to however many storeys Trumptoronto says it's going to be now. I'm even willing to state that I believe you, InTheKnow, that the current plan is 62 storeys; it is merely a case of wanting to see something official to that effect.

If UT member Trumptoronto were to post with a definitive account of how the planning for the building has progressed since the original reduction to 57 storeys occurred, then I would be more than happy to change the thread title to however many storeys Trumptoronto says it's going to be now.

April 8, 2008 post #2154 by trumptoronto at SSC. "60 stories, 281.6M"

Today's View From Above

dsc01278zh4.jpg

dsc01279hu7.jpg

dsc01280dn2.jpg

Back