News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Agreed. They also did a good job with the one across the street from St Michaels Hospital on Queen. I believe that one also contains their offices on a couple of floors above the retail.

today's photo only makes sense if there is a reversal of the poles and the picture was taken in the future where bathurst street continues under lake ontario in a tunnel all the way to new york state.

ok, just saw that the description changed. "Skyline From Mississauga. Photo by Flipkeat."

makes sense now. :)

Skyline From Mississauga. Photo by Flipkeat.
Jan 23, 2009
http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipkeat/3176948884/in/set-72157604047268695/

LakeSkyline(Flipkeat).jpg

Caught me in the process of updating the photo of the day.

do i get a prize? ;)

p.s, i like today's shot. i like how you can slightly see the curvature of the earth.

it would be cool to get a shot of the city like this with only the top of the cn tower poking out of the water.

Beautiful streetscape. OLD houses. I wonder how many have original floors, doors and windows that aren't true anymore.:)

Considering none of them are heritage homes yet, it's amazing that none of the exteriors have been extremely modified. All the houses on the left were built circa 1870's except for the workerman's cottage in the middle which is about 10 years older then the rest.

Considering none of them are heritage homes yet, it's amazing that none of the exteriors have been extremely modified. All the houses on the left were built circa 1870's except for the workerman's cottage in the middle which is about 10 years older then the rest.

On a related point: Any contractors here? I'm guessing these row houses are plaster and lath over balloon framing. At this age they are fragile, and other than paint or siding they won't stand much modification. Like a third floor.

Would permission be granted to build a third floor on any of them? The creaky, collective charm of the row would be destroyed if it was.

The workerman's cottage in the middle underwent a major renovation in the late 60's when a basement was added and the entire interior was gutted and rebuilt.

Back