i think their prices are pretty decent. fairly priced for downtown location. I would choose this building over Couture anyday. Well-designed floorplans.

i think their prices are pretty decent. fairly priced for downtown location. I would choose this building over Couture anyday. Well-designed floorplans.

Are you thinking of getting a unit in this "project"?

I'm still very undecided.

Any comment / rating on this builder?

I really don't think it's a bad building. I was on the fence with the exterior but I walked by a few days ago and it's quite nice. I still hate the park though.

The standard features are quite nice....the common areas look nice too and the 9ft ceiling standard is a nice touch. The prices are also great for downtown. On top of that, Tridel has built 2 towers in this area, X and couture aren't too far either. I think the value will go up. What's going to happen to the buildings east of Sherbourne is probably the only drawback IMO.

"Move-up" renters here? That's what I think we'll see happening at this location: investors attempting to rent their units to those that live/would live in St Jamestown apartments across the street.

Bad investment imho if you intend to be an owner/occupier.

"Move-up" renters here? That's what I think we'll see happening at this location: investors attempting to rent their units to those that live/would live in St Jamestown apartments across the street.

Bad investment imho if you intend to be an owner/occupier.

Is this based on anything other than pure speculation?

So here's the thing... I'm actually renting a tiny 1bedroom from across the street of the 500 Sherbourne. I LOVE the location. Yes; there are some "strange" pple walking around but that's not at all the reason why I'm hesitating to buy a unit in 500 Sherbourne.

My hesitation is if I should go with Times Group or save more money to buy one of the Tridel project. Afterall Tridel has one of the best ratings as a builder.

We thought of that option for sure but decided we are more suited for buying new. We want to have the option to pick out our own color theme for the finishing.

I think the value of the 500 condo will hold out. Even if it drops I don't think it is significant enough for me to compromise on the finishing (ie our choice of colors or type of flooring)

Saw a few units in a few new developments but there's always something that turns me away.

If all goes our way, we'll seal the deal.

Unlike other builders, the Times Group has neither lowered prices nor added incentives over the past year. If you study the development of prices and incentives over time (see the example below), you see a clear pattern.

They are unlikely to reduce prices over the next year, especially since their prices are still very competitive. If an investor decides to sell, he or she will demand the market price which likely won't be lower than the latest builder's price.

500 Sherbourne - 2 bedroom "J" suite (978 sf + 45 sq balcony)

Date FromPrice Parking Locker TotalPrice PSF Incentives

12/07 $336,900 $27,000 $3,500 $367,400 $376 $7000+S/S+laminate
02/08 $351,900 $30,000 $3,500 $385,400 $394 S/S+laminate
06/08 $351,900 $30,000 $3,500 $385,400 $394 none
06/09 $367,900 $30,000 $3,500 $401,400 $410 none

Back