Though there's a certain hyper-intense-futuristic-MGM-Grandness to the perpendicular Delta Chelsea slabs as viewed from the court to the SE...

That's probably exactly why I like it. Let's not even speak of the Sheraton Centre....that which makes me happy in the pants.

Drab can be beautiful, I say.

A quick snap from my walk home on Friday.

Good stuff happening!

***Anyone know when/if we'll see nicer hoarding going up that says "Aura" all over it?... Cause the fencing looks pretty bad :(

^You've gotta be kidding me. It's temporary (and so to the hoarding that wil replace the fencing) and I'd much rather see every dollar spent go towards the building. The potential of a massive eyesore dominating the mid-downtown skyline for perpetuity isn't out of question.

Proper constuction hoarding will have to go up eventually for satety reasons at the very least. I'm certain there will be a visual flair to it as well.

^You've gotta be kidding me. It's temporary (and so to the hoarding that wil replace the fencing) and I'd much rather see every dollar spent go towards the building. The potential of a massive eyesore dominating the mid-downtown skyline for perpetuity isn't out of question.

C'mon, give him a break. He's just an average 14 year old :D

C'mon, give him a break. He's just an average 14 year old :D

true enough... I was just saying that if they are gonna put up hoarding, why not put it now?... I don't see the harm in putting up hoarding instead of fencing at this stage. :confused:

In fairness, the hoarding will be with us for a measurable fraction of our lives. It's worth paying attention to. I think back to Metropolis and get all misty-eyed...

true enough... I was just saying that if they are gonna put up hoarding, why not put it now?... I don't see the harm in putting up hoarding instead of fencing at this stage. :confused:

Hoarding is a massive use of manpower when it is being built, and I'm pretty sure it isn't promoted to obstruct the sidewalk and street for a long time.

Isn't this sidewalk actually going to be closed for the construction, plus one lane? I remember talking about that many pages ago.

Back