pic by Jasonzed at SSC....

20100313076.jpg

What I have been wondering for a while is; why is Toronto suddenly getting all these high end hotels? There's Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Trump, Sharingla. They're all still under construction, so who will occupy them once they're all done?

Suddenly? Most of them have been on sale for years. They are just all being built at the same time.

What I have been wondering for a while is; why is Toronto suddenly getting all these high end hotels? There's Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, Trump, Sharingla. They're all still under construction, so who will occupy them once they're all done?

I know that it is surprising but ... tourists maybe?

Tourism is way down in Toronto, there isn't enough tourists to fill all these hotels year round. But chances are these 5 star hotels will be offering good deals to attract visitors and business to the city. You wont be seeing $900 plus a night room rates in Toronto like NYC anytime soon, Toronto luxury hotels are rather affordable compared to other big cities . It's about time Toronto got a Ritz ts long over due, i always loved their hotels more so than trump and four seasons hotels.

With the Canadian $ at par this summer and into fall, I expect Toronto tourism to take a nosedive. On the other hand, Buffalo will see a mini boom of Canucks shopping etc in the area. $150/night to stay at the RC Toronto? I wouldn't be surprised.

With the Canadian $ at par this summer and into fall, I expect Toronto tourism to take a nosedive. On the other hand, Buffalo will see a mini boom of Canucks shopping etc in the area. $150/night to stay at the RC Toronto? I wouldn't be surprised.

$150/night at the Ritz? You've got to be kidding. Sheraton Centre on Queen was starting at $225 per night a few Fridays ago, and there is a 2 person maximum for their rooms. A deluxe suite was $450/night. Rates at the Ritz will not dip to such levels.

Very nice shot.

Indeed it is very grey, but it does a great job of being SUBTLY extremely modern.

Back