March 7:

4416026886_e0fb69e824_b.jpg

4416027644_7293404bf8_b.jpg

Who will be doing the actual lettering on Gumby's Tombstone, and where will it go?

And how appropriate that Art Clokey, his creator, died so recently.

While everybody is focusing on the slant, I'm wondering what will go in that 5 story open loft that's going to result from the roof element.

While everybody is focusing on the slant, I'm wondering what will go in that 5 story open loft that's going to result from the roof element.

Its going to become the most spacious, prestigious MECHANICAL PENTHOUSE this city has.

The machines sure are doing alright these days..

Notices steel frame in the centre area as well on the structure.

I see the sloping beam going into the frame I saw yesterday and can be seen here.
[video=youtube;tyPMdiDkwmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPMdiDkwmQ[/video]

Last edited:
Great updates guys! I hope the wait will be worth it for the roof slant! :D... i'm staying optimistic on this one :)

Going back to urbandreamers photo... just looking at the shadows of the skyline is really nice to see! That is the outline of our skyline and i have to say Our skyline looks EPIC!

Last edited:
Notices steel frame in the centre area as well on the structure.

I see the sloping beam going into the frame I saw yesterday and can be seen here.
[video=youtube;tyPMdiDkwmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyPMdiDkwmQ[/video]

Nice job Drum. The music really makes me think 'Ritz-Carlton'. Is there anywhere where I can view the original photos you used to make the video?

Last edited:
Ritz in the distance to the left of the tower, from College & Beverly Sts.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Not the best lighting - but with Lumiere soon to block my Ritz view I figured I should upload an update while I still can:

4424040766_632d823ddd.jpg

Rather extraordinary shot, thanks!

Missing some colour in all this dramatic change... thinking about whining about grey/green... still a terrific POV (more please). Don't need anyone to "finish" the Ritz using your shot... the actual tower will be finished soon by the hard-working trades. Thanks again.

Back