I think it's awesome that they let old people out to have a gander at a skyscraper site being excavated. Old people are people too.

Thanks for being on my side.

By the way, I own a unit on a high floor in AURA. Could it be that the other 'old' people also have units in AURA and they are watching their new 'Home" being built -- right in front of their eyes?

I think it's awesome that they let old people out to have a gander at a skyscraper site being excavated. Old people are people too.

Indeed. Skyscraper construction is an activity that people of all ages can enjoy! I hope that I am just as interested in similar construction projects at their age myself.

Indeed. Skyscraper construction is an activity that people of all ages can enjoy! I hope that I am just as interested in similar construction projects at their age myself.

tis true. :D!
Old people can do what they want to do! (and so can young people!)
"The right to observe skyscraper construction" should be embedded into the UN Human Rights agreement.

Aura from today by me:
(August 26, 2010)

4930438247_1a9ae9d7c4_b.jpg

What is actually entailed in putting a foundation in for a construction crane? Are there piles driven in at that spot?

Just one crane on this site? I thought it might use 2 like Shangri-la.

i'm still not sure how many cranes will be used, but if there is a 2nd one, it could go up at a later stage...

Is the level where the crane is currently at, the deepest part of the site?. in other words, is excavation essentially done?

There is obviously going to be more than one crane for this project. It will go up in due time I'm sure.

i'm still not sure how many cranes will be used, but if there is a 2nd one, it could go up at a later stage...

Is the level where the crane is currently at, the deepest part of the site?. in other words, is excavation essentially done?

couple of days ago, I was told, by someone with a hard hat on the site, that on the East side, where a crane has been set up, that is the end of digging. Of course, in due course, the whole site will be levelled to that level. Further, shortly -- what ever that term means -- 2 additional cranes will be set up on the site, making a total of 3 cranes.

Back