39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
My biggest concern is those beautiful trees. Particularly that one in the last pic. I don't know much about trees, so I'm not sure what kind of tree it is. Maybe an evergreen?

Nice, i literally live behind these abandoned houses, will be nice to finally see some nice development, and not some plain old concrete slab apartment buildings.

BANAL!!!! Come on Daniels! You gave your compny name to an architecture school for crying out loud! This overlooks High Park. You can do WAY better.

Awful. Looks like I've gotta add Diamond + Schmitt to my ever increasing list of boring architects. High Park deserves better than this! Very disappointed.

I think it looks pretty good...and this would be the beginning of the Central Park-ization of High Park (highrises surrounding its perimeter)..:)

My big problem with this building is a) the overall design aesthetic and b) its relation to the street. To me it is unclear how people are supposed to interact with this building. Is the plaza/courtyard public? What is the small one-level podium for? The random slabs of brick along the front are distracting.

The importance of this building is paramount. It will set the tone for every other development surrounding High Park to follow (if indeed that's what happens). Starting with something like this will see other very similar buildings. I concur with others here-- something less bland, more innovative is required!

Such hyperbole! Words like 'awful" and 'hate'. Geez - remember to breathe occasionally. It's not exactly cutting edge, but some of you make it sound like it's a knife thrust perilously close to your heart.

The building meshes with the local white slab aesthetic of the 60s apartments to the north, white updating it. And it does have commercial units facing Bloor according to the story above, (there appear to be umbrellas in the courtyard maybe for an eatery of some sort?), so I don't know why someone's uncle seems to be tearing his hair out.

The immoderate language makes some of you sound like crazies.

Back