Recent photos

5619264539_6a056e667e_b.jpg

5619852944_0b419d25cc_b.jpg

5619857374_87f7503317_b.jpg

5619268907_850a66b93b_b.jpg

5619266073_15fb54c99e_b.jpg

These buildings, along with 401 Richmond across the street and the narrowness of the street, creates a really great meatpacking district type of character(minus the streetlife). It's great that this is being preserved.

These buildings, along with 401 Richmond across the street and the narrowness of the street, creates a really great meatpacking district type of character(minus the streetlife). It's great that this is being preserved.

The streetlife was there back when it really was the "entertainment district" and had bars and nightclubs.
We had over 90 at one point, now we're down to less than 30.

I don't care what people say, those clubs and bars contributed to nightlife of Toronto, and now we're slowly going from a true Montreal rival to Vancouver.

St. Clair West around Keele Street did have a number of mid-rise brick warehouses and office buildings that resembled the built form in this area. As for street life, they would move cattle from the Stock Yards to Canada Packers across St. Clair :cool:. Sadly, the meatpacking district was almost completely levelled in the 1990s, including even the historic CPR West Toronto roundhouse and shops. In its place came some big-box stores and faux-Victorian townhouses.

I'm impressed by this proposal. It succeeds in almost every way including design, context, urbanity and heritage preservation.

right on! I think this one really needs to become a textbook case study for developers and architects on how to go about intensification while leaving as small a footprint as possible on existing heritage structures.

I can't wait to see the finished product.

Great looking project. This and Five are the only things I'm really looking forward to, big-development-wise.

Though I hope Little Nicky's finds a new home. That place is awesome. Little donuts!

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 2H2

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 200084 BLD 00 NB Accepted Date: May 20, 2011

Project: Office New Building

Description: Proposal to demolish interior floor's and partition's of existing four storey office building in preparation for construction of future development (new 17 storey office building). Proposal includes maintaining exterior walls of building. See 10-118668 STE.

Wow..first Waterpark Place-3 now this, wonder whats next....This is going to be the game-changer to this area.:cool:
Good news all around on the office front for Toronto.

Last edited:
This Project will get going very soon.

Demolition will start soon, the Existing Facades will be retained and braced while the interior slabs will be demo'd down. The Massive X jacks is being detailed by Walters of Hamilton and the Structural Glass that surrounds the 5 storey atrium is being detailed by Novum Structures.

Demolition will start soon, the Existing Facades will be retained and braced while the interior slabs will be demo'd down. The Massive X jacks is being detailed by Walters of Hamilton and the Structural Glass that surrounds the 5 storey atrium is being detailed by Novum Structures.

Right-on, inside information from The Insider...thanks:cool:

Did they sign a lead tenant ?

Im not sure if they have indeed signed the main tenant, I was hearing ING was pitched, shall inquire.

Subtrade Tenders for Shoring & Underpinning, Excavation, Formwork, Reinforcing are out on the street.

Ing would be a great fit for this building/location.

I heard a rumor that facebook and groupon were looking for space in Toronto (though it was in the Yonge and Eglinton area) but they would be great tentant here as well.

Back