April 9th update:

A couple more 2x4's were hammered into the unstable wooden fencing today. This project is really moving along fast. *sigh* Are they actually planning to proceed with this project, or have they failed to sell the minimum number of units?

It's a go.

May 9th: Surveyors on site.

7166810140_fd8f699d17_o.jpg

Appropriately so, since Richard Serra had a sculpture installation on some vacant land just to the west of this site in 1978.

Hello all. I'm new to urbantoronto, but, have been avidly reading your posts for quite some time and now feel compelled to post a note about some of my experiences.

I too have been concerned about this project. Unfortunately, despite leaving messages with the realtor, as well as emailing about updates, I have yet to receive a response on where this is going.....:(

Thanks for your response. I'm not surprised by his comments given the great pieces of architecture born out of his life's work. Personally, I do like the design (which is coming from someone with nil professional experience in the design and architecture fields), I just have concerns about the experience of the developer given the prolonged delay.:confused:

At this point, there is nothing terribly unusual about the delay when compared to other projects in the city.

The delay could be for a number of practical reasons. For example, the geotechnical group may have had to drill more boreholes once the existing buildings were demolished in order to have better results for shoring and foundation or the construction lender may not be advancing funds until more deposits are put in to the developer's escrow account, such that these funds can be utilized as a sources of funds for the project. I think since the existing buildings were demolished, this building is going ahead, otherwise the lender against the land would not have approved this.

Back