Hi Everyone! When do you think this building will be ready for owners? Last time I checked Aug. 2012 was the date. The building is 3 levels below grade and 13 stories above. Remember it's a gold LEED building, so green roofs, rain water collection, etc.

I am guessing the will be moving the 3rd floor in around March 2013. Thoughts?

With the winter coming up, contruction gets very complicated for the underground. They should be on the ground probably by April, then maybe 3 months more doing the first and second floor, that is July and then 4 or 5 months for the remaining 11 floors, that brings us to December 2012 for the concrete structure and finally 10 months doing the interior. I am guessing occupancy will start around October 2013

Our occupancy was changed from Dec 2012 to late April 2013. I hope this is accurate but I believe it may change again.

Hi There..you are techincally correct of course...I have a unit with a 3rd floor entrance....but...its ... a two level unit, so bedrooms and laundry room on the level below the main living area which is on the 3rd floor..
With requirement to retain the historic nature of this portion of the building, and restore the extrerior as it was, its resulted in much taller floors than the majority of the units in the condo...We are expecting 12-13 foot ceilings on both levels of our unit.

I have attached pictures from today, and Oct 2010

Very interesting! I had no idea. How will this work within the rest of the building? Are the ceilings heights 12' for the first 5 floors along Church street? I assume everyone is on the same elevator? Or will the restore section have their own elevator?

I am just asking because I am on the 5th floor (C3), split between the restore and the regular build and I was told I have 9' ceilings and I was just trying to figure out how high my unit will be.

Thanks again!

I just got a letter the other day as well and my new date is August 8th. I have a terrace unit on the 6th floor. If they move it again we may not be in until late, late 2013

Im on the 3rd floor and my letter is July 18...I would think the pace needs to improve, or we will be seeing the delay you speak of. Not sure I want to move into the middle of a construction site...Let finish it off right...
then move in

Does anyone know the Tarion delay rules? How many delays until the developer has to start paying the purchaser? Technically this is only the second delay and I predict one more already.

I dont think its the number of delays,,,,more like the length from original occupancy...Very one sided...all advantage to them...is what it is...I think its 3 years after original occupancy target..just from memory, so dont hold me

I dont think its the number of delays,,,,more like the length from original occupancy...Very one sided...all advantage to them...is what it is...I think its 3 years after original occupancy target..just from memory, so dont hold me

I received my letter! New move-in date is Aug. 1. I'm on the 5th floor.

There will be another delay, that's for sure, at least 3 or 4 months more. Do not expect to move in before November

I would have to look it up again but I remember reading something about they are allowed to change occupancy dates 3 times. I do not remember if there is any mention of length time for delays so it could really go on. Wish I could remember where I read this!

I was hoping to put my place on the market in the spring as this always seems to be the best time to sell, if this gets delayed again my plan may fall through. Either that or look at short term rentals

What was the original occupancy date they gave when you initially purchased?

I purchased in 88 Scott and am curious about the length of delay I should be expecting.

Back