Great new rendering - it looks like they've got a memorable crown up there now!

How's that AG? Not so much of a chewing-out, as it was a kiss.

Looks sooo good!

the podium is definitely beautiful (as with the crown). I'm still sceptical about the sides though, I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as this:
5702947234_be761be656_z.jpg

the podium is definitely beautiful (as with the crown). I'm still sceptical about the sides though, I hope it doesn't turn out as bad as this:
5702947234_be761be656_z.jpg

I think the project above actually does it better than Ten York- the gird's deep enough so that a casual glance doesn't indicate that they're not using window wall in those parts. Ten York's grid, on the other hand remind me of One Old Mill.
2010_09_15_11_54_23_one_old_mill_condo.jpg

The funny thing is that all of these projects are by Tridel.

Well, except for the one by Monarch.

Only thing to worry about is the colour of that spandrel wall and how that will look, but other than that it looks pretty good and quite refreshing.

Looks to me like yet another glass/spandrel tower with some pre-cast filler. I actually find it looks quite awkward and half-baked... the design isn't quite there yet.

Next!

(I actually much preferred the original point tower design they revealed to the press. And we all know how sick of point towers I am.)

When is construction expected to start on this project?

After the architects and engineers have completed the detailed construction and permit drawings and specifications, the plans have been submitted to the City's building department for permit review, and the department, being short staffed as it is, completes the permit review, including obtaining any required corrections and clarifications from the building's architects and engineers, and then issues the required construction permits.

Then, construction is expected to start on this project.

Back