you can notice though the columns getting wider, maybe this is to help support the extra concrete weight from the railing

So there is still another 200ft to go in height, meaning at this point this thing is about 695ft in height. Believe it or not, the final 200ft in height (the final 20 floors) are going to have a dramatic effect on this building and make it stand it even more, especially as it gets slimmer.

Wouldn't it be more than 200 ft? The floors will be higher near the top for the PH's, as well as the mechanical will be quite tall if the roof space is that slim. I would guess we are closer to 650ft at this point no?

I agree with Kris, I would say around 189 m.

Which means this diagram: http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?cityID=12 , must be wrong in terms of proportions (but not total height) since it shows the second setback ending at 170 m. kind of sad imo, I was hoping for a taller slim section with even more impact. It would be even better if the whole tower was made of just the slim section. I'd like to see a Traynor-made render of that in the fantasy thread.(those renders so far have looked pretty photorealistic)

Last edited:
There are 21 executive floors left to build (plus 5-6 for mech), so plenty of height to go!

At the rate of 1 floor pouring per week, plus time to finish the suites, it seems that the date of possession will be towards the end of 2013 or early 2014 and not late October 2013 given earlier by Canderel ?

img2476pj.jpg

My wife fondly refers to this as the "Maximilian building", from the psychotic robot in "The Black Hole". From that picture above, I can kinda see what she's getting at. This has a dominance like no other building in the area.

View from the 31st floor yesterday. (sorry for the poor stitch)
123_zps1013c915.jpg

Attachments

• 123_zps1013c915.jpg
    123_zps1013c915.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 929
I was through the retail level today and it seems to be picking up. Six stores are open now and I saw millwork going into three more, plus there's another half dozen or so that are showing at least some indication of activity. Still doesn't seem to be much in the way of people walking around down there, but maybe once a few more things open up it'll improve.

Back