News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vice story sheds a little light on some ambiguities. It sounds like the Vice hacker was able to download the files but not delete them. S/he was unable to decrypt them, as were Vice. TPS obtained a hard drive from which the same encrypted files had been deleted. They were recovered, but still encrypted, so then the forensics dept had to run a brute force attack on the password to open them, which took a LONG while.

(I'm piecing this together from things I've been told and things I'm guessing)

So the cops were *in possession* of the files all along, but they maybe couldn't actually *play* them until very recently. This might explain why there were contradictory accounts coming out about whether they had them or not.
Makes sense.

Those Newstalk 1010 callers are full of Ford apologists.

Now suppose Ford were a televangelist who promises callers prosperity if they pay him one percent of their annual income.

I wonder what flavour Kool-Aid Ford Nation drinks.

Warmington just said that an extortion charge "shouldn't hurt" Ford. This guy sounds a bit like Karl Pilkington with somewhat of a knowledge of the municpal political system.

These people on 1010 are in total denial. They're still saying that "they" (whoever "they" are) is out to get the mayor.

Umm... did they hear the confession at lunch?

Listening to Joe and Ross on the "late-shift" I found this bit of "inside baseball" talk interesting.

Judge Nordheimer who made the ruling to release the ITO's documents is the same judge who - in a controversial decision - threw out charges against corrupt Toronto Police drug squad officers. One of those officers - John Schertzer (who would resign in disgrace after a second conviction) is the husband of homicide detective Joyce Schertzer one of the lead officers investigating Ford! Joe also said - Rudy Bratty the Lawyer who represents the Police Association is a big fan of Nordheimer. He described it as like a "club". Don't know what to make of these seemingly cozy connections.

TTM:

Well, it doesn't quite fit the other pieces re: the 2nd video - but we will see, given the ruling.

AoD

How so? Isn't the second video allegedly a sex tape (from what we've been hearing from various sources in the past week)?

Anyways I haven't heard about this bribery thing before. I'd like to hear more about it. Hopefully MM or someone else will have more insight.

TTM:

That's one rumour; the other is that it is another crack tape of a certain politician or hockey player or personality of some sort. Who knew. But all the reports (particularly that by DiManno, from the Star) seems to indicate the 2nd is even worse.

AoD

TTM:

That's one rumour; the other is that it is another crack tape of a certain politician or hockey player or personality of some sort. Who knew. But all the reports (particularly that by DiManno, from the Star) seems to indicate the 2nd is even worse.

AoD

Well I think a Ford sex tape is worse (for obvious reasons :rolleyes:) than some hockey personality smoking crack. Just my opinion.

Edit: If it really is a Ford sex tape I pray that it is very low quality (again, for obvious reasons). Hopefully recorded on a potato.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back