News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Vice the only one running with the Massoudi story?

I hate that all the ooooohs and aaaaahhs are about the admission, as if that were it, and everything else surrounding it seems lost...though the Globe does cover it all in their editorial today.

Last edited:
According to AM640 the Chief has just offered to release the video, albeit through the Police Services Board, which they have said they have no interest in.

Ford didn't win with suburban support alone.

vote-map-584.jpg

Attachments

• vote-map-584.jpg
    vote-map-584.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 628
from what I understand, the encryption method used is impractical to brute force. Perhaps law enforcement can request a key from the creators of the encryption method?

That would mean the system has a "back door", which I'm sure is either a) not the case, or b) something the creators would not admit.

According to AM640 the Chief has just offered to release the video, albeit through the Police Services Board, which they have said they have no interest in.

I would like to hear what they actually said - from everything I've heard there's no way it could get shown. The Globe and Mail gives a good clarification:

The Globe and Mail said:
Mr. Ford’s lawyer, Dennis Morris, says he will look into whether he could obtain the release of the alleged drug video, now in the hands of police, under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Does he have a chance?

No. Section 8 of the act sets out broad exceptions for law enforcement, such as interfering with an investigation or a fair trial. “This is potential evidence in a criminal prosecution. It’s absolutely inconceivable,†Mr. Falconer said. Mr. Morris says police have offered to show the video to Mr. Ford and put him under a gag order.

sorry, all my experience supports my snarky observation. once the train to pearson is done, i'll never see another suburb again

Pull the stick out dude! Get a sense of irony and go enjoy some of the truly schlock-tastic un-hip places that are out there beyond the self-consciously fabulous downtown core. It's what really cool people do, by the way.

I would like to hear what they actually said - from everything I've heard there's no way it could get shown. The Globe and Mail gives a good clarification:

I think the Globe ran a story yesterday where one of the guys in the photo with Ford, that was picked up in the Traveler raids lawyer's said Ford could join with him in his efforts to have the video released. I found another article one from CTV HERE

No - I said his main issue was an issue that only affected 500 condo dwellers, which is obviously a bit of hyperbole. I don't think Miller was intentionally divisive but don't tell me anyone in North York cared about the island airport. Obviously he was elected by having a broader appeal than just one issue but when you compare the airport bridge to the "gravy train" rhetoric, you can see what Ford was doing.

That's revisionist, considering the main elephant in the room wasn't the Island Airport, which is a local issue but the Lastman's MFP scandal and Miller's role in attacking it (remember the rather famous - "you won't be mayor because you say stupid things" rant by his Melness?) The broom has little to nothing to do with the airport but refers more to the sort of backscratching cronyism and corruption prevalent in the civic administration of the time.

You might have a point about the suburbs "feeling" that they had been sidelined - but need I remind you, at every level of Miller's government there is suburban representation, and one would be very hard pressed indeed to argue somehow downtown got preferential treatment - in what, transit expansion? social services? Recall the 13 priority neighbourhood and where they are situated. Suburban politics, I have noticed are by large geared towards maintaining status quo at all cost - nobody would really cares if there isn't an election so long as the roads are clear, snow gets plowed and the grass trimmed - and it also explains why you have these decadal mayorships fed by development charges from suburban expansion. Of course, the inner GTA no longer has these options and the inevitable demographic decline due to aging pop (as well as changing demographics due to immigration) is utterly anathema to the whole notion of status quo. That's one group of supporter

AoD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back