News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are his emails part of the FOI request for the mayor's office?

The one email from toronto.ca domain apparently is when Massoudi worked for Doug Ford and is not subject to the FOI request. It would be interesting if there is some other way to retrieve this email - presumably there is a record of it somewhere in the City's IT infrastructure.

pattycakes:

Not sure about OPP, but RCMP? No thanks - considering how much internal trouble and historical baggage that org has.

re: Agar

Sorry, I strongly, strongly disapprove of the whole "would you not think of the kids" slant to this saga - it is a concern, but at the end of the day, the issue at hand is his behaviour as the chief magistrate. Frankly, his kids is something for the CAS to concern themselves with, not the public discourse per se.

AoD
Re: Agar

I wasn't thinking of just Ford and his family. Having an drunk or an addict in ANY family is just devastating to that family. Maybe you've been lucky, and haven't had to deal with the destruction that booze or drugs can wreck on a family. Unfortunately, I have. Listening to Agar really brought back a lot of memories that I would rather forget. As a mother and a caring human being I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Ever.

Sorry if this has been covered here before, but - do we know who was in the room with RoFo in the hour or so preceding his big non-announcement yesterday afternoon?
I'm assuming Doug Ford and Norm Kelly were present - anyone else? Do we speculate that a debate went on? While I have no doubt that DoFo ensured that he would be verbally cleared and distanced (because we're that gullible), I wonder if there was any chance at any point that the announcement might have taken a different direction.

Judging by the wording of his statement, I'm certain that Hotmail LLB was present.

This is from Robyn Doolittle's article describing how she got the video. The article can be found here:

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2013/11/06/rob_ford_crack_video_story_started_with_an_anonymous_early_morning_phone_call_to_a_reporter.html

"He told me he had gotten to know a lot of the “kids” — these guys were really in their late teens to mid-twenties — up in the Dixon Road and Kipling Avenue area. They were good guys, he said, but they’d made mistakes. Now they wanted out. Anthony Smith’s death had them scared. Ford was exploiting them, he told me.

Emphasis mine on the last two sentences above... HOW WAS FORD EXPLOITING THEM?!?!?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Re: Agar

I wasn't thinking of just Ford and his family. Having an drunk or an addict in ANY family is just devastating to that family. Maybe you've been lucky, and haven't had to deal with the destruction that booze or drugs can wreck on a family. Unfortunately, I have. Listening to Agar really brought back a lot of memories that I would rather forget. As a mother and a caring human being I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Ever.

Of course it is devastating - the problem with centralizing that as an issue is that it focuses on the personal and not his role as a mayor - it wasn't like he should quit because he is an addict and it is horribly hard and unfair on his family - true, but that's not why he should quit. He should quit because he has compromised the authority of his position as an addict and his involvement with criminal elements of the city.

Yes, it is a bit cold and heartless, but I would loath to lose a war because of the inability to focus on the issue that is of utmost primacy.

AoD

Where is the crackhead now? Is he going to city hall?

Neither of the Fords are at City Hall yet. Doug is supposed be at budget committee, he's vice-chair. Maybe the two of them have caught a plane to Argentina, let's hope.

Sorry if this has been covered here before, but - do we know who was in the room with RoFo in the hour or so preceding his big non-announcement yesterday afternoon?
I'm assuming Doug Ford and Norm Kelly were present - anyone else? Do we speculate that a debate went on? While I have no doubt that DoFo ensured that he would be verbally cleared and distanced (because we're that gullible), I wonder if there was any chance at any point that the announcement might have taken a different direction.
Doug came scooting over right after the bombshell dropped. Kelly spent about an hour and when leaving told reporters Ford would be making a statement. Then it took Ford about an hour to come out, so I wonder if the statement was what Kelly expected, because in an hour a lot can change. Or maybe it took hotmail lawyer that long to access his Dropbox account and get the wording of Ford's previous apology so he could cut and paste it into yesterday's statement.

So, my coworkers cousin did see the video at a councilor's house last night. He said it's exactly as described, and that's about it.

Also, the Sun has been offered a second video (not sure if the second video), but the guy wants money for it, so no deal.

Of course it is devastating - the problem with centralizing that as an issue is that it focuses on the personal and not his role as a mayor - it wasn't like he should quit because he is an addict and it is horribly hard and unfair on his family - true, but that's not why he should quit. He should quit because he has compromised the authority of his position.

AoD

Absolutely agree. Ford needs to resign.

So, my coworkers cousin did see the video at a councilor's house last night. He said it's exactly as described, and that's about it.

Also, the Sun has been offered a second video (not sure if the second video), but the guy wants money for it, so no deal.

The fact that anyone who has an additional video went straight to the Sun with it seems kind of sketchy. On the other hand, if someone was shopping around a fake video, I am guessing they would go right to the Star to discredit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back