News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will show up so much later in the thread, so apologies for interjecting into whatever madness is currently operative.

@typezd,

Perks is correct. Yes, Ford is the worst thing thrust upon the old city, Mega!-City! too, since amalgamation. And he is thoroughly the twisted offspring of such. But he was elected. Improvising electoral law is not the way to solve this. Kicking the guy out by Provincial fiat would not please me. Nor should it you. It would definitely not please the "Nation'. And that is the Perks Point, no?

Sadly, we're stuck. Stuck in Doug's latest extemporaneous narrative about Rob's fresh gambol into magical realism: "Yeah Rob's gonna go away and get some rest. Then he'll come back more honest than ever. Honest!" He'll spit it at some sorry radio mic with absolute conviction as often as they let him.

As much as the current clown-show angers anyone personally, as Rob would say, "It is what it is". Fickle press sympathies aside, that's what it will be. It's Warming(ton) your heart right now! Feel it? No? Just wait 'til Rob goes away...A little time to reflect in FLA. He returns in January with a new sunny disposition. There will be a clear "That's all behind me now". He Signs his intention to run, aaaand....good to go. Ford More Years. That's the new Doug script, right?

Perks, I'm surmising, opposes that script. As should we all.

Fordmentia must be out-voted. The chap('s) are not fit to govern. But they have an inherited and successfully modified electoral machine. Fueled By Kouvalis® (He's still in, ya bet?)

It's the machine to beat. Maybe Laschinger's building one. Maybe Kinsella? Both of those guys will give us nothing redemptive of the crap through which we've been dragged. Why not build a machine of one's own?

I Got Spare Parts.

I didn't realize how high tensions are between those pro and anti Rob Ford until tonight. There were a bunch of idiots arguing loudly on King St just now about how "Rob Ford is gonna take care of you lefty liberals downtown". It got into an actual physical fight and the cops broke it up. One guy all bloody faced started shouting "fuck the police, I still trust Rob Ford! You corrupt fuckers are just out to get him because he's busting up the unions!"
It was more than just one guy defending Ford. It looked like all the suburban douchebags who come downtown to party were pro-Ford. Somebody needs to save Toronto from itself. Sad.

On Friday, lawyers for the Star and other media outlets submitted arguments in writing to Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer on why censored portions of a police document detailing the investigation should be released.

Nordheimer has set aside a court date on Nov. 18 if he finds he needs to speak with the Crown and media lawyers, but could rule on releasing a large portion of the remaining sections earlier than that.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...f_censored_documents_now_in_judges_hands.html

I didn't realize how high tensions are between those pro and anti Rob Ford until tonight. There were a bunch of idiots arguing loudly on King St just now about how "Rob Ford is gonna take care of you lefty liberals downtown". It got into an actual physical fight and the cops broke it up. One guy all bloody faced started shouting "fuck the police, I still trust Rob Ford! You corrupt fuckers are just out to get him because he's busting up the unions!"
It was more than just one guy defending Ford. It looked like all the suburban douchebags who come downtown to party were pro-Ford. Somebody needs to save Toronto from itself. Sad.

I live on King West and I can't tell you how much I hate the suburban dress-shirt and hair gel brigade that invades the area every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes it's kind of fun to poke your head out around 3:00 to watch the cops on horseback come in and star corralling everyone like it's Planet Of The Apes. I told one a couple of weeks ago that they really need to get some nets and bugles for the full effect.

Nunziata?

(Interesting tidbit - while Toronto had two Jewish mayors, it had only one Catholic mayor.)

Additional historical context may be of interest to some here.

Others have noted that Nathan Phillips was Jewish. Prior to Phillips, to be a real candidate for mayor of Toronto you had to be a member of the Orange Order. This is chronicled in this article by Jamie Bradburn on the downfall of Leslie Saunders—notable for issuing a statement on city stationery reminding Torontonians of their British heritage.

In the 1954 election Phillips being Jewish was an element in the campaign. Saunders ran as 'Leslie Saunders, Protestant'.

Last edited:
I live on King West and I can't tell you how much I hate the suburban dress-shirt and hair gel brigade that invades the area every Friday and Saturday night. Sometimes it's kind of fun to poke your head out around 3:00 to watch the cops on horseback come in and star corralling everyone like it's Planet Of The Apes. I told one a couple of weeks ago that they really need to get some nets and bugles for the full effect.

I live on King West too. I moved here knowing full well that on weekends we have this shouting, fighting and puking show but then in the morning it's all cleaned up like it were just a bad dream. I love Sunday mornings on king west. It's like an entirely different city.

A bunch of those dressed shirt, hair gelled idiots got arrested after shouting "fuck the police". Thought that would give you some satisfaction as it did me.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to think or shout "fuck the police" but I guarentee you that not one of those popped-collar assholes knows any of them.

Meh on the monarchy. Would prefer if we didn't have to pay for it.

Removing the Monarchy means changing our form of government, which would include an equivalent office that would probably cost even more. Switching would be very expensive also. All to chuck our Constitutional Monarchy system of government, which is the gold standard, in favour of an inferior form of government.

I voted for Joey Pants.

Sounds like you might as well have voted for Ford (promises more for less, when in fact gives less for more)

There were a bunch of idiots arguing loudly on King St just now about how "Rob Ford is gonna take care of you lefty liberals downtown".

You know, this reminds me of one of the worst things Ford has done in his screwing over of this city, and it has nothing to do with his pathetic personal behaviour.

It was talked about briefly at the beginning of his mayoralty, but got buried under a mountain of subsequent scandals, and that's his complete shutout of the Toronto/East York District at City Hall. The one thing our weak mayor system does give power to the mayor for, is appointing the Executive, Budget and TTC committees, which steer much of the important decision making process of the city.

In an unprecedented move, Mayor Ford created all three of these (28 positions) without including a single representative from Toronto/East York.

How can you run on a slogan of "respect for taxpayers" and then do this???? (besides the fact that you should respect ALL citizens of the City, not just the ones who pay taxes)

Toronto/East York with over 700,000 people, is larger than all the other Districts. In terms of taxes, while I don't have the actual numbers, is certainly the source of the lion's share of revenue for the city.

So if you profess to have such respect for taxpayers, how can you at the same time completely ignore the largest group of them, providing the largest share of the taxes????

In my mind, this is far worse than his endless lying. At least when he lies, he's fair about it...he lies to the entire population of the city.

You know Rob Ford has sunk pretty low when an accused drug trafficker and alleged gang member is complaining that being photographed with the mayor has ruined his reputation.

Not the fact that Mohammed Khattak was swept up in the Project Traveller drugs and guns sweep in June. Not that he was shot during a gangland slaying that killed Anthony Smith in March. Not that he’s accused of being a member of the Dixon City Bloods and was photographed outside a home police have identified as a crack house used by the gang.

No, what’s bringing dishonour on his young head is the fact that he’s been “sucked into the vortex ” of the Ford smoking crack scandal.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/08/rob-ford-photo-causing-alleged-gang-member-to-suffer-lawyer

The fifth and final act has begun.

Alright gals and guys. Now that we're between the Fifth Estate interview and possible revelations in The Saturday Star, with He Who Shall Not Be Named dealing with his mother at St Mikes, I would like to take a straw poll. Let's not beat around the bush any longer. I want to know where you stand.

The way I see it, there are three broad camps.

First there's Ford Nation which is going through enough cognitive dissonance that even genuine Conservatives are wincing... so let's skip over that... UrbanTorontonians probably mainly fit into two categories, namely...

a) Rob Ford is just a layman who cannot handle public office: We all know people like him. Yes, his family is dysfunctional, but so are many. The problem is, he smoked crack on video, and the mob went after the video so they could blackmail him... or

b) Rob Ford is a junior member of a certain syndicate , Doug being a more senior member. Both beatings in jail related to the family were spearheaded by a group. The Vice article's assertion that "The Big Guy" received the video site's password from the King Street Driver is correct. Blair put TPS's main homicide detective on the case for more than show. There's a reason Ford cares so much about garbage collection West of Yonge when he's more of a one-on-one guy for almost everything else. Doug Ford didn't stop being a mid-level drug dealer and move into the family business full time. "Birds" doesn't refer to the animal. i.e. Toronto resembles Montreal.

What do you think? Or should we follow the traditional media, and be too scared of lawsuits to say what has really happened to this city? Because I'm sorry to bring it up amidst the circus, but this isn't a show; somebody has grasped control of Toronto. Who is it? The Idiot?

Last edited:
The fifth and final act has begun.

Alright gals and guys. Now that we're between the Fifth Estate interview and possible revelations in The Saturday Star, with He Who Shall Not Be Named dealing with his mother at St Mikes, I would like to take a straw poll. Let's not beat around the bush any longer. I want to know where you stand.

The way I see it, there are three broad camps.

First there's Ford Nation which is going through enough cognitive dissonance that even genuine Conservatives are wincing... so let's skip over that... UrbanTorontonians probably mainly fit into two categories, namely...

a) Rob Ford is just a layman who cannot handle public office: We all know people like him. Yes, his family is dysfunctional, but so are many. The problem is, he smoked crack on video, and the mob went after the video so they could blackmail him... or

b) Rob Ford is a junior member of a certain syndicate , Doug being a more senior member. Both beatings in jail related to the family were spearheaded by a group. The Vice article's assertion that "The Big Guy" received the video site's password from the King Street Driver is correct. Blair put TPS's main homicide detective on the case for more than show. There's a reason Ford cares so much about garbage collection West of Yonge when he's more of a one-on-one guy for almost everything else. Doug Ford didn't stop being a mid-level drug dealer and move into the family business full time. "Birds" doesn't refer to the animal. i.e. Toronto resembles Montreal.

What do you think? Or should we follow the traditional media, and be too scared of lawsuits to say what has really happened to this city? Because I'm sorry to bring it up amidst the circus, but this isn't a show; somebody has grasped control of Toronto. Who is it?

Definitely B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back