It's a common misconception that you need people's permission to photograph them. I know condo developments and property managers often say you're not allowed to photograph people or common areas of condos, however, the law states that you're allowed to photograph anywhere there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. A building lobby is not someone's private bedroom. Even if it's private property, if it's a public area you can shoot people or things in it. People may not want you taking their photo but it's not against any laws to take it. Now if you were photographing through someone living room window that's another story.

This is a business and you need permission to do so. The public pays a membership to use it while the condos owners get free use of it as part of the ownership.

Some Mall owners will not allow you to photograph in the mall at all to the point they will ask you to leave.

I had no issue with the ceiling at all.

I think the open pipes work for this gym! It's modern meets industrial. Industrial works out well for a "fitness class" warehouse kind of vibe.

The gym looks great. I had a tour of it too. I'm just surprised that Drum was able to find so many spaces and machines at 2pm in the afternoon.
I know it only recently opened, but it sure looked deserted for 2pm.

I have two friends that took out memberships here and they love it. Now I don't know or understand what makes a gym so special, I use the gym and pool in my building and it all seems good enough to me.

It looks like any other gym to me ; - ) ... many of the more recent good life's or previous extereme fitness look just as good, some actually look even better then the above.

What's so special ?

The artificial turf is the coolest part for me. No athlete wants to train on bare concrete, hardwood or foam mats. The turf is a really big selling point for anyone involved in field sports. In the front page story from earlier this week, you can also see the spinning/cycling room - which is set up like a theater facing an instructor with wall mounted flatscreens so people in the back row have a clear view. If another gym used this much attention to detail and held out on all of the Madonna stuff (not really my thing), I would sign up in a flash.

I also have two friends that have memberships and they also love it. Spinning classes come with the gym, and also the juice bar (I believe)

I tried the new REDS Midtown last night. It's an upscale version of Jack Astor's. My burger was still raw in the middle, I had to send it back. Really? How can you F--- up a burger! The second burger they gave me was cooked perfectly, but it was extremely greasy. It tasted a lot like the Five Guys Burger down the street! My other guest enjoyed her salmon while her husband didn't enjoy his steak. He said for $34 he can get better quality steak else where. They had a nice selection of wine and micro beers on tap. I would go back for drinks but I'll skip the food.

Does anyone know if Alice Fazooli's and Canyon Creek Chophouse are still planned for Aura? Out of all the corporate chains i would say Canyon Creek Chophouse is one of best. Red's, Alice, Canyon are all owned by SIR group.

I tried the new REDS Midtown last night. It's an upscale version of Jack Astor's. My burger was still raw in the middle, I had to send it back. Really? How can you F--- up a burger! The second burger they gave me was cooked perfectly, but it was extremely greasy. It tasted a lot like the Five Guys Burger down the street! My other guest enjoyed her salmon while her husband didn't enjoy his steak. He said for $34 he can get better quality steak else where. They had a nice selection of wine and micro beers on tap. I would go back for drinks but I'll skip the food.

Does anyone know if Alice Fazooli's and Canyon Creek Chophouse are still planned for Aura? Out of all the corporate chains i would say Canyon Creek Chophouse is one of best. Red's, Alice, Canyon are all owned by SIR group.

There seem to be a lot of chain restaurants in Toronto that offer overpriced mediocre food.

Does anyone know if Alice Fazooli's and Canyon Creek Chophouse are still planned for Aura?

Alice Fazooli's has been rebranded as Scaddabush. It's coming next. No so sure about Canyon Creek, but good chance it became Reds Midtown.

There seem to be a lot of chain restaurants in Toronto that offer overpriced mediocre food.

And that's limited to Toronto!? Ever heard of every other North American city?

I was looking forward to this one since I live around the corner at ROCP, and I had a reasonably good experience, but my $250 bill for 2 made me think that as long as I'm spending that much money, I would rather go to an independent restaurant, or even Luma.

Alice Fazooli's has been rebranded as Scaddabush. It's coming next. No so sure about Canyon Creek, but good chance it became Reds Midtown.

And that's limited to Toronto!? Ever heard of every other North American city?

I find there's an influx of meh chain restaurants in this which are overpriced. I have never felt this way about any of the American cities I have traveled to. Raleigh, North Carolina had bad food. But it was CHEAP!

I was looking forward to this one since I live around the corner at ROCP, and I had a reasonably good experience, but my $250 bill for 2 made me think that as long as I'm spending that much money, I would rather go to an independent restaurant, or even Luma.

good god thats way more expensive than I expected. Thats starting to approach Canoe pricing..

Back