Can you explain your basis for such an insane comment?

If not, please post a Google Streetview link for any third-world location that looks even remotely similar to this. I doubt you will be able to find such a place.

Really? That's how you would respond to such an ignorant comment? Firtsly, I thought the whole "third-world" title was a thing of the past. Second, finding similarities to this sort of urban environment is rather easy, regardless of locale. Whether it's a developed, or developing, nation.

Johnzz would have REALLY hated back when Yonge Street had neon signs and had even more of a seedy feel than it does now.

201188-yonge1ED.jpg

yonge-street.jpg

http://www.blogto.com/city/2011/08/what_yonge_street_looked_like_in_the_1970s/

Yonge Street wasn't seedy, it was fun! The neon made it come alive at night. It was always full of people and quite animated, especially after dark. You can't say that today but with all the new condos going up, hopefully that will change. Yonge Street needs some nightlife and entertainment. Expanded sidewalks would be a great improvement, along with trees and street furniture but I'm sure that will be coming soonish. It's just a matter of time.

With all the new condo's it wouldn't surprise me if either Target or Walmart, or some other suburban big box chain moves in and takes up a big section of the "seedy" part of Yonge.

just out of curiosity, does anybody know how many meters the curved roof will add to the structure? Tower's pretty tall already, I thought they would have started it by now.

they said in there q&a a few weeks back that the roof would peak 40 feet above the penthouse floor, or ~12 m. Which would put the building at a little over 260m so far.

Thanks for the shot, sMT, but my god is that angle unflattering. Talk about clunky and inelegant.

Thanks for the shot, sMT, but my god is that angle unflattering. Talk about clunky and inelegant.

It's all quite embarrassing. Mayor in drunken' stupor, crack architecture. Toronto deserves so much better than this, thankfully there is much better.

Back