News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Chow is in bed with the NDP, and we all remember that the NDP bankrupted Ontario the last time they were in power, so they can't be trusted", that sort of thing.

Oh god, I hate that idea. Bob Rae got the better portion of the blame in Ontario for the effects of a worldwide recession. Revenue-generating things like photo radar and making the 407 a toll highway were demonized by the right (the same group who feel user fees are fair, takes issue with fees that affects *car* users). The NDP raising the minimum wage and instituting the (now gutted) rent control act probably did more to keep Ontario's recessionary losses to a minimum than anything the Feds did. *sigh*

Here we go again folks:

Retweeted by Jonathan Goldsbie
Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 29 mins
Threatening a woman with acid ... and other news about #robford friend Sandro Lisi, by i-reporter Kevin Donovan. Tomorrow's Star.

Kvein Keast ‏@r4v4g3dsku11s 20 mins
@TorStarEditor a warm-up before release of the ITOs and Ford's impending arrest?

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 19 mins
@r4v4g3dsku11s certainly the former.

That was my tweet :)

Oh god, I hate that idea. Bob Rae got the better portion of the blame in Ontario for the effects of a worldwide recession. Revenue-generating things like photo radar and making the 407 a toll highway were demonized by the right (the same group who feel user fees are fair, takes issue with fees that affects *car* users). The NDP raising the minimum wage and instituting the (now gutted) rent control act probably did more to keep Ontario's recessionary losses to a minimum than anything the Feds did. *sigh*

All the evidence out there indicates that rent control is bad for all parties, so you might want to omit that one.

All the evidence out there indicates that rent control is bad for all parties, so you might want to omit that one.

Hang on - are we talking 1970s rental prices locked in forever, or are we talking "stopping landlords from raising more than a certain % each year"? The former is obviously ridiculous, but the latter is surely an essential safeguard!

hmmm ... I thought he might have been exhausted from the walk from the studio to his SUV.

Been off the grid today tip now so kind of late to the party.

But I think this pic is of them arriving at the studio, before the red tie, before the interview. Towards the end of the clip, DoFo was jovially saying hi to the staff. Bet he probably wasn't in the same mood when they left. I would love to see a clip of that!!

I am done with Rob Ford's Toronto thread. I have served my purpose (and will continue to lurk in this thread), since I no longer have anything to add with substance here. I will still be in UT to post mainly in the Transportation forum, where I truly belong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back