News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Slob being "ambushed" by Kimmel. It's instructive to view earlier examples set by one of his peers, the well-known con artist Sarah Palin. Like His Oafship, Palin was "ambushed" by a tv host, though an actual journalist in her case. Like Slob's experience with Kimmel, the interview with Katie Couric was far gentler than she deserved, pretty much made up entirely of softballs. That didn't stop the notoriously lazy and unprofessional Palin, who clearly hadn't done any prep time at all for the interview - which was actually rather an important one from the perspective of her own purely personal selfish ambition, keep in mind - from screeching about she'd been victimized by the eve-ull 'Liberal Media' when she was unable to respond to even the mushiest of non-threatening questions in a satisfactory manner. Must be nice to play the Perpetual Victim Card whenever it suits you, hmm?

But Palin also appeared on Saturday Night Live during the hight of her own "fame," and if you saw that little cameo, no doubt you'd have noticed that Palin was absolutely basking in all the attention she was getting from being on the show. She clearly loved it. (Tina Fey later said that Palin offered to babysit her children if the opportunity ever arose.) And none of this prevented Palin from again shrieking later on that she'd been "attacked" by evil Tina Fey and evil Saturday Night Live and the evil liberal media. Sound familiar?

This is one of the comments from the TMZ article. Obviously from someone who lives in the burbs. This is what we are up against:

Zach Swan

Toronto has a hard core left wing downtown populace that has bullied and protested this man since the day he won the election. Mother Theresa would have ended up on the crack pipe if she'd been assaulted as badly as Ford has. Most of them originally hated him because he was fat and harassed him for 3 years before they turned up the dirt on him. He's popular because the Harvard educated disaster that was in power for 7 years before Mayor Ford did nothing but spend, spend, spend and raise taxes like a lunatic. Compared to him, Crack Mayor actually looks good. But not to the latte-sipping lefty elites that populate twitter and social media comment boards and actually think their opinions are the only valid ones.
about an hour ago

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/04/rob-ford-crack-mayor-jimmy-kimmel-no-more-partying/#ixzz2v1rXSaLy

This is one of the comments from the TMZ article. Obviously from someone who lives in the burbs. This is what we are up against:

Zach Swan

Toronto has a hard core left wing downtown populace that has bullied and protested this man since the day he won the election. ... Most of them originally hated him because he was fat and harassed him for 3 years before they turned up the dirt on him.

I'm not convinced that this is an authentic person speaking his mind. At the least, this guy is being disingenuous about why people hate Ford.

On the day Ford was elected, I hated him not because he was fat, but because he had made various offensive remarks, that were racist, homophobic and against cyclists. I hated him for his domestic violence arrest, and I especially hated him because of his backwards oriented anti-transit policies, that is, his absolute insistence that single-occupant vehicle traffic is the only legitimate form of transportation. I felt that the only reason he was "for subways" was because he wanted the roads cleared off public transit. He'd rather have nothing than use LRTs. I felt that his persona and his policy threatened my way of life and threatened to turn Toronto into a place that I don't want my children to grow up in.

I'd venture to say that I'm not alone.

I'm not convinced that this is an authentic person speaking his mind. At the least, this guy is being disingenuous about why people hate Ford.

On the day Ford was elected, I hated him not because he was fat, but because he had made various offensive remarks, that were racist, homophobic and against cyclists. I hated him for his domestic violence arrest, and I especially hated him because of his backwards oriented anti-transit policies, that is, his absolute insistence that single-occupant vehicle traffic is the only legitimate form of transportation. I felt that the only reason he was "for subways" was because he wanted the roads cleared off public transit. He'd rather have nothing than use LRTs. I felt that his persona and his policy threatened my way of life and threatened to turn Toronto into a place that I don't want my children to grow up in.

I'd venture to say that I'm not alone.

His transit "platform" was by far the most worrying (as opposed to just embarrassing) thing to me when he was elected. The campaign video on YouTube, where he seriously suggested pedestrians should move from the sidewalks to a network of winding footpaths through the ravines...yep, that's how I want to get home in the dark, walking through a poorly lit ravine.

His "yeah, so what?" response to Kimmel's mention of domestic violence was indeed chilling, but I think Ford was on the show to churn up his base, and I doubt wife-beating even registers as bad behaviour to them.

I think someone on this board described his base as being mostly made up of crazy cat ladies and guys on "bad date" lists, and that sounds about right.

I think there comes a time where you just have to cut your losses with some people. We will obviously never, ever convince this individual of why he shouldn't vote for Ford. Some people are just so heavily invested in the Myth of Rob Ford, for whatever reason, that they've just shut out any competing ideology, and they've convinced themselves that people originally hated him for his weight or the fact that "he didn't act the way a normal politician acts". I have frequented more than one forum where a popular notion is one of Ford being preferable to someone like Olivia Chow, who will raise taxes to funnel money to special interests and will spend the city into oblivion. Doesn't matter if you bring up points related to Ford's fiscal record, raising taxes, depleting the surplus, etc. "Chow is in bed with the NDP, and we all remember that the NDP bankrupted Ontario the last time they were in power, so they can't be trusted", that sort of thing.

Wow - Talk about a REALLY TROUBLING revelation about this group...

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 12m
Threatening a woman with acid ... and other news about #robford friend Sandro Lisi, by i-reporter Kevin Donovan. Tomorrow's Star.

I think someone on this board described his base as being mostly made up of crazy cat ladies and guys on "bad date" lists, and that sounds about right.

well if you have perused the I HATE THE WAR ON MAYOR ROB FORD facebook page as suggestion by someone here you will get an eye full. Or like this one on Twitter, he seems awesome...he has RoFos back all the way from Chicago Big Cat ‏@BarstoolBigCat 3h
@TOMayorFord I got your back bro

well if you have perused the I HATE THE WAR ON MAYOR ROB FORD facebook page as suggestion by someone here you will get an eye full. Or like this one on Twitter, he seems awesome...he has RoFos back all the way from Chicago Big Cat ‏@BarstoolBigCat 3h
@TOMayorFord I got your back bro

......and I am one cat short of crazy

Here we go again folks:

Retweeted by Jonathan Goldsbie
Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 29 mins
Threatening a woman with acid ... and other news about #robford friend Sandro Lisi, by i-reporter Kevin Donovan. Tomorrow's Star.

Kvein Keast ‏@r4v4g3dsku11s 20 mins
@TorStarEditor a warm-up before release of the ITOs and Ford's impending arrest?

Michael Cooke ‏@TorStarEditor 19 mins
@r4v4g3dsku11s certainly the former.

I earlier offered some congratulations to whoever was the source of the Tweet Kimmel put to Ford about him being a lying, wife-beating homophobe etc. Apparently it was Catherine Solmes, who should have like a public park or something named after her in thanks.

Catherine Solmes ‏@ccath 19m
I have to say, and I'm not trying to self-promote, that it feels surreal to hear my words spoken to Rob Ford, a man I loathe, 1/3
.on an American late-night talk show. And to see those words repeated in news stories, on Twitter and in gif form all day. 2/3
I'm glad that I wasn't credited with that tweet on the show and I'm glad the words were used to challenge Ford. 3/3

solmes.JPG

Attachments

• solmes.JPG
    solmes.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back