News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't immediately know who she was. This is the little council woman he knocked over as he ran through council. I didn't see what happened today. What does he have against her?

"The little council woman"??? Oh c'mon. Really? Do you not even live in TO or something? She's a downtown councillor and has been for 20 years.

"The little council woman"??? Oh c'mon. Really? Do you not even live in TO or something? She's a downtown councillor and has been for 20 years.

I've lived in Toronto since 1974 and I didn't know who McConnell was until last year. Some of us are still getting up to speed on this (in my case, cursing myself for not paying more attention earlier). Screw national politics: we all need to pay a lot of attention to what's happening locally.

But yeah, a lot of people just tuning in to the full madness that is Toronto council know McConnell best as "the little council woman he knocked over". As a short woman myself, I don't take offense.

Nothing... if not inconsistent.

ddale8 11:00pm via Web
Catching the end of Rob Ford on Warmington's 1010 show: "They're just screwing this poor guy around," he says (about Bob Deluce?).

goldsbie 11:01pm via Web
Ford then responds to a question about BMO Field, saying he doesn't "believe in subsidizing a billion-dollar corporation."

I've lived in Toronto since 1974 and I didn't know who McConnell was until last year. Some of us are still getting up to speed on this (in my case, cursing myself for not paying more attention earlier). Screw national politics: we all need to pay a lot of attention to what's happening locally.

But yeah, a lot of people just tuning in to the full madness that is Toronto council know McConnell best as "the little council woman he knocked over". As a short woman myself, I don't take offense.

McConnell will be reelected in October 2014, whereas Ford will be turfed by the voters. McConnell is a household name in my part of town.

most of us would feel entirely different if he had accepted help when it was offered. He would be a guy who knew he had a problem, and did something about it.

Well, that's the hallmark of people who suffer from Ford's issues....lack of self-awareness. He thinks losing a few pounds is the only self-ipmrovement necessary. Even with self awareness, Ford's problems can't be fixed. He's toxic and will remain so. Save your sympathy for those that have to deal with him on a personal level and hope they have the courage to do the only thing anyone can do in their situation...amputate the toxic people in your life.

Your long winded sympathy rants make you sound like a textbook co-dependent.

Thanks. I did see this earlier today but I didn't connect the dots of who she was. Love the first comment by ElliotRoss. lol

It didn't sound like enough for him to do that? So I went looking for something else and found this:
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/13/mayoral-candidate-olivia-chow-embarks-on-media-blitz

From that article "Ford shrugged off Chow’s attacks and bragged that “this city is on fire†under his leadership."

The only thing on fire is Ford, as Mr. Lahey from Trailer park boys said ""He grew up as a little shit spark from the old shit flint then he turned into a shit bonfire and then, driven by the winds of his monumental ignorance, he turned into a raging shit firestorm."

At this point, *if* Rob Ford is perp-walked or hits some moment of finality, I'm seriously wondering if there'd be some big, cathatric Perestroika-like mass reaction (celebratory, I mean)

I suggest you actually look up what co-dependency is before actually foisting the term onto others.

Rather than just suggesting I don't know the meaning of terms I'm using, why don't you show me how I'm wrong instead. And I don't need to "look up" anything...I have plenty of prior knowledge/experience on the entire spectrum of related disorders.

At this point, *if* Rob Ford is perp-walked or hits some moment of finality, I'm seriously wondering if there'd be some big, cathatric Perestroika-like mass reaction (celebratory, I mean)

Torontonians doing this? Only if the Leafs or Jays ever win anything.

For those who are attacking others for not knowing every member on council - I have to admit that the whole Rob Ford fiasco has taught me a heck of a lot about Toronto politics. I've always voted, but as for the day-to-day running of council? I've never really been interested. I now find myself watching sessions on my laptop and learning who runs which ward (other than my own). I read the paper every day, and have always known some councilors by name and reputation. But now, because of our buffoon of a mayor, and also with the collective knowledge of the good folks at UT, I've learned so much more. I mean really, when was the last time you were THIS excited about an upcoming mayoral debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back