News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the 'imminent arrest' rumours came from low level TPS sources who heard that the investigation had gone to OPP to sign off on and assumed it was a rubber stamp.

just tossing this out there... what if the gumming up the works rumours are coming from the "dirty cops"Rob knows

Off topic, but I would like to know what it's like to live in Vancouver.

Basically what newearthling said... In my experience, as a software developer, wages are less than you'd get in TO or NYC or SF or wherever. Cost of living is much higher - housing is ridiculously expensive, to an insane level, like a room in a nice house cost me $600/mo in the suburbs, and I was actually getting a pretty good deal. Forget about buying unless you're fabulously rich or enjoy the idea of being in debt til you die. People are COLD. Lots of people don't speak English, the people that do tend to be distrustful of outsiders, so unless you smoke a lot of weed and go on adventures, you're not going to find the general populace to be very nice to you. The downtown is boring... I mean, it's nice, but it's no Toronto, it's no Montreal. Granville becomes pedestrian-only sometimes and I guess that's cool, but unless the Canucks are in the playoffs again, everyone is cool. Instead of hot dog vendors they've got $1/slice pizza places. Those are awesome. We need those.

Public transit both sucks and doesn't suck. If you're anywhere near the SkyTrain, it's awesome. It's really never crowded, it's always on time, it never really breaks down, it's fantastic. And the new line to the airport is just so incredibly good for what an "elevated LRT" can do. Have to take surface transit? HAHAHAH. Good luck, fucker!

Oh, maybe you drive. Well, there are no highways through Vancouver. So you'll be stop and go the whole time. It probably has the worst drivers in Canada, so have fun with that. I didn't enjoy it one bit.

They don't have any Tim Hortons! Well, they have a FEW, but Starbucks and Blenz and whatever is what they like. Not that that's a big deal, it just doesn't feel like Ontario, you know?

Otherwise - it's actually a great city with amazing bike infrastructure and some fantastic people, all of the public servants I met there were incredibly nice and I loved everything about Vancouver. I loved going out into the mountains "for a day" - like, that's fucking POSSIBLE there. My friend and I drove out into the mountains "just for fun". YOU CAN DO THAT. There are so many great things to see and do, and cross the pond into Vancouver Island and there are infinitely more things to see and do. Sushi is CHEAP and PLENTIFUL and HIGH QUALITY.

It's a great place it's just that in general the people suck, the transit sucks, everything is expensive and there's no nightlife.

here's a theory:

The Fords are idiots and so are the TPS (history backs up both claims).
They are both just flailing around doing stupid things in a stupid manner without much thought or design.
No grand conspiracy.
No theatrical narrative.
No crazy old matriarch pulling the strings.
No dirty cops and careerism on the force.
No (insert ethnic group here) mafia/gang.
No etc...
Just incompetence and foolishness all around. Mostly coming from an idiot mayor with substance abuse problems who got elected because drivers wanted to save 60 dollars (and, not because Kouvalis is a genius - he's just as much an idiot as the rest!).

Last edited:
So when Doug claimed we knew all along Rob was the one being extorted did he let the cat out of the bag that he knew the crack video was legit from the start? He still claims Ron kept him in the dark.

I thought that when he first mentioned extortion a year ago. You can't effectively be extorted with something that doesn't exist.

Someone earlier mentioned a federal minister's "sullied reputation" is involved!

FLAHERTY fits that definition!

Hence his 'sudden' retirement from public office. Yes, we all know of his medical issues. But still, just connecting the dots!

just tossing this out there... what if the gumming up the works rumours are coming from the "dirty cops"Rob knows

MM is reaching here.
I think there's been a lot of reaching here. UT'ers can't believe that somehow their dream of seeing Ford in 'cuffs and under arrest or otherwise sanctioned by the legal system has slipped through their grasps. Same as Foulidis, Ruby, Magder and others....

The only way to get rid of Ford is at the polls in October.

Last edited:
I thought that when he first mentioned extortion a year ago. You can't effectively be extorted with something that doesn't exist.

It is amusing to imagine a scenario in which some of Rob's gangbanger friends call him up and say, "We've got video footage of you doing all sorts of things, on the pipe, on the hezza - you better pay up, Mr. Mayor or you are done."

And he retorts, "I cannot pay you for a video I have not seen or that does not exist. Also, you should answer your door - it may be my friend Sandro."

I think there's been a lot of reaching here. UT'ers can't believe that somehow their dream of seeing Ford in 'cuffs and under arrest has slipped through their grasps. Same as Foulidis, Ruby, Magder and others who have tried to remove him.

A general statement that offers absolutely nothing to the discussion. If you want to counter some of our questions here though feel free.

I think there's been a lot of reaching here. UT'ers can't believe that somehow their dream of seeing Ford in 'cuffs and under arrest or otherwise sanctioned by the legal system has slipped through their grasps. Same as Foulidis, Ruby, Magder and others....

We all know that if Ford were to be arrested tomorrow he would still be on the ballot in October. He's in it 'til the end. Fine by me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back