News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto Councillor Doug Ford at City Hall on Monday, May 12, 2014. (Craig Robertson/Toronto Sun)

Unfortunately, the Liberals decided that finding quick fixes to their financial mess was more important than providing these vital services to our youth. They decided to close the doors of this facility, sell it off to developers, and instead create less costly group homes in densely populated suburban family neighbourhoods. This is an issue that is now being felt in many residential communities across Toronto.

Oh, the irony. Doug Ford: defender of much needed public services against the influence of private capital.

Doug Ford: fighting the stopping of the gravy train.

And because they're the ones people are going to vote for. Stintz, Soknacki, Goldkind and all the other fringe candidates are all also rans. This contest is Ford, Tory, Chow, the rest are irrelevant in terms of how they are and will poll. If you want to get rid of Ford, you have to hold your nose and vote for Tory or Chow.
You're most likely right. I don't know what prize is awarded for whittling the candidates down to the most probable five months before the vote. Or sixteen months before the vote, which was probably when the expert opinion decided that it needed be Tory or Chow who take on Ford. It's all sort of self-fulfilling. Are Tory and Chow the ones we need to put our hopes on because they've introduced new ideas? No, not as far as I can see. Because they've made the hard choices? Nope. Because they've stood up to the disgraceful drunken criminal presently in office? Hardly. And the shame here isn't really that Soknacki himself has little chance of ever rising to a place where he has a serious chance of being elected to office. It's that there might be better candidates out there, both for the mayoralty and council seats, people who really represent the abilities and aspirations of the city, who just won't bother because they realize the political culture is too timid, lazy, disengaged or immature to give much thought and consideration to those who aren't already well up the ladder.

You're most likely right. I don't know what prize is awarded for whittling the candidates down to the most probable five months before the vote. Or sixteen months before the vote, which was probably when the expert opinion decided that it needed be Tory or Chow who take on Ford. It's all sort of self-fulfilling. Are Tory and Chow the ones we need to put our hopes on because they've introduced new ideas? No, not as far as I can see. Because they've made the hard choices? Nope. Because they've stood up to the disgraceful drunken criminal presently in office? Hardly. And the shame here isn't really that Soknacki himself has little chance of ever rising to a place where he has a serious chance of being elected to office. It's that there might be better candidates out there, both for the mayoralty and council seats, people who really represent the abilities and aspirations of the city, who just won't bother because they realize the political culture is too timid, lazy, disengaged or immature to give much thought and consideration to those who aren't already well up the ladder.

It's particularly frustrating that the media pays more attention to Stintz or Sarah Thompson than they do Soknacki or Ari Goldkind just because they the former has name recognition for many of the wrong reasons.

Other than a few awkward mannerisms, I thought Soknacki killed the first debate! My personal choices aside, I think we have a chance to really force the candidates to polish their platforms and ideas over the next few months. Just hoping that Ford gets arrested soon so we can all refocus on electing someone better than just "not Ford".

Why, why, why is no one organizing any debates now, while the biggest distraction and impediment to civil discourse is away?

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 26m
New Doug Ford quote from group home meeting: "You may not like this. You can call The Toronto Star. But I need you to leave my community.â€

Why is Doug hammering this one so hard? He's done jack for his ward and suddenly this is his passion project?

Something that really grosses me about this is the fact that it isn't his community. He doesn't even live in that ward. He's being very deliberate in the words he's using. It's not "we need you to leave our community", it's all about him. Doug Ford is just the worst person.

Anyway, I'm guessing that he's focusing on this because he's realized that he hasn't actually done anything for his ward. Generally, nobody has focused on what he has done for ward 2 (to be clear, he has done absolutely nothing for ward 2). But if those inquiring minds that spend all of their time investigating poor old Robbie start to turn their attention to him, they'll discover that he didn't do anything, and it will be his public shame. Rob can point to having done something, even if what he did was bad - you know he'll argue that it was for the better. Doug simply hasn't done anything. There's been no progress in that ward at all, no substantial development, no new investment, nothing. To be fair, Rob didn't do much either, but with Doug, it's reached a new low.

Why, why, why is no one organizing any debates now, while the biggest distraction and impediment to civil discourse is away?

Someone else's point on this matter was along the lines of how loud the claims of "media conspiracy" will be if they organize a debate when Ford can't make it. Yes, it's entirely his own fault, but nonetheless, Doug would throw a temper tantrum.

Someone else's point on this matter was along the lines of how loud the claims of "media conspiracy" will be if they organize a debate when Ford can't make it. Yes, it's entirely his own fault, but nonetheless, Doug would throw a temper tantrum.

But Doug can proxy for Rob in the debates. After all he now has mayoral aspirations.

I would love to see a debate with Doug sitting in for the absent Rob. I am pretty sure the pressure and the heat of the studio lights would melt the latex mask and reveal his true lizard face.

It is too bad the media seems to be completely ignoring Soknacki (Goldkind too, but I am a lot less enthused about his campaign). Still a long way from election day though. So much can change.

Jimmi-T-note.jpg

Dear person who left this note on my workplace computer at night. That was pretty creepy. Still, feel free to introduce yourself or DM me!

Attachments

• Jimmi-T-note.jpg
    Jimmi-T-note.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,104
I will reiterate: if Doug and Rob are killed in police action, I will crack a beer and say thanks.

The Escalade would become more famous than Bonnie and Clyde's Ford V8.

( Not that I wish such a thing should happen, of course. )

Apparently nobody has yet to call the impound lot to ask about getting the car back. I think it'd be great if it never leaves. How symbolic would that be? It just sits there gathering dust and rust and eventually years down the road it ends up being an empty shell of a car, like the ones still remaining in the desert on what was once Charlie Manson's ranch. 50 years from now somebody finds Ford's muffler in a field of grass.

Sketchy the Clown is an option for an alternative mayoral Candidate. Like all of the alternatives, his challenges are about breaking through the traditional media following of Chow, Stintz and Tory. He's passionate about issues other than the ROFO circus, like the sewage problems the city has, what to do about transit, and the circus at city hall. What we really need is a new and ethical voice in Toronto politics...

This is his facebook page here... http://on.fb.me/1qYeTmu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back