News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a big grass roots support for Nenshi though, he did a lot of viral marketing, big ad campaigns involving lots of supporters. This is from wiki:

There's nothing like that for / from Soknacki.

Chow is borrowing allot of the above so far in her campaign, right down to purple and coffee parties. There is also a social media game where one collects badges for completing tasks related to the campaign.

I post from phone during break...most of the time

I'm not suggesting you ratchet up the tinfail-hat paranoia or anything -- but if you use company-supplied wifi to connect to the internet with your phone, they may have the ability to view the unencrypted traffic that flows through. If the phone connects to the internet without using wifi, that's a different story.

(It's just something to be aware of, for anyone who uses employer-supplied computer and network resources for anything other than work, no matter how innocuous-seeming).

Last edited:
OPP still in Ford's pocket, the shitbags:

@jpags: OPP now clarifying to say after investigation, LeeAnne McRobb was in legal possession of Escalade. Won't say if it's Ford's.

Also won't say whether they spoke with Ford.

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.25.00 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.25.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.25.00 PM.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.20.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.01 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.31 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.46 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.20.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.20.41 PM.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 776
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.01 PM.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 746
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.19 PM.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 761
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.31 PM.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 747
  • Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.21.46 PM.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 752
Ford shmord.

I've been saying it for months: Ford's been a no-hoper from the start because he has no campaign team. It just hasn't looked that way so far because he's been able to trade on name recognition and his supposed record. His only campaign promises so far are to build unfunded subways, privatize garbage collection west of Yonge, and support Porter jets. He has yet to release a comprehensive platform for re-election, and I doubt he ever will. He thinks his record is a platform.

In 2010, he had a full campaign team - a savvy strategist (who LIVED in a room at Deco), a policy team (led by Towhey) and a solid communications team to broadcast his simple but effective messages. And they built a database of supporters into Ford Nation. What does he have now? Doug and only Doug. No vision, no platform, no grassroots campaign. Nothing.

As debates continue to take place, whether Ford is there or not, ideas and vision are going to matter. In that context, campaigns like Socknacki's will shine and Ford's will flounder.

It may seem like a Tory-Chow "anyone but Ford" horse race right now, but mark my words: Ford's campaign will fizzle on its own merits and you'll be able to vote your conscience.

And his 2014 campaign kick-off with the balloon fail.

Also, the used fire truck. Antique fire trucks are beautiful and very effective PR tools. But, that used truck was just a worn-out piece of junk. If he had the TPFFA on side, they would have leant him one. The last mayor they supported was David Miller in 2003:

"His earliest supporters included councillors Howard Moscoe, Sandra Bussin, Irene Jones and Anne Johnston and urban planner Jane Jacobs. He was later endorsed by councillors Olivia Chow, Joe Pantalone and Brian Ashton, public figures such as June Callwood, Judy Rebick, Margaret Atwood, Michael Ondaatje and Michele Landsberg, American environmental activist Robert F. Kennedy Jr., the Canadian Union of Public Employees and the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association."

Who showed up to support Rob? George Chuvalo and who else?

Last edited:
Even if RoFo were to drop out (which I don't think will happen), and if DoFo doesn't step in instead, I can't see Soknaki getting more than 5% tops. If RoFo doesn't drop out, he'll definitely get not get above 5%. If anyone wants to take that bet, I propose the lose wears an avatar of the winner's choosing here for a month. :)

Maybe the Sun was wrong and or maybe she moved. I can't see there being too many Leanne McRobbs living in Muskoka township, who knows , it isn't likely that the reporters will follow up or investigate

Yeah. Odd. Land line 'phone only disconnected w/in last 48 hours. How many people would move and continue to pay their previous land line account for > year? (Sun reporter says people in Bala say she has lived in the house in Bala for somewhat more than a year.) Obviously we do not have anything like all of the dots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back