8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, not exactly lending credence to investigation:

@KatieSimpson24: Det. Sgt. Gary Giroux says he has not seen the new alleged crack videos (the ones viewed by Globe & Mail reporters). Still looking for it

Even if RoFo were to drop out (which I don't think will happen), and if DoFo doesn't step in instead, I can't see Soknaki getting more than 5% tops. If RoFo doesn't drop out, he'll definitely get not get above 5%. If anyone wants to take that bet, I propose the lose wears an avatar of the winner's choosing here for a month. :)

Done and done. Consider it on.

Gotta hand it to Peat sometimes:

Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.41.43 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.41.43 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-22 at 4.41.43 PM.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 806
I'm not suggesting you ratchet up the tinfail-hat paranoia or anything -- but if you use company-supplied wifi to connect to the internet with your phone, they may have the ability to view the unencrypted traffic that flows through. If the phone connects to the internet without using wifi, that's a different story.

(It's just something to be aware of, for anyone who uses employer-supplied computer and network resources for anything other than work, no matter how innocuous-seeming).

WiFi encryption is pretty much broken across the board, meaning anyone within range, with a little know how can sniff your packets, and possibly even hijack your session.

With respect to an employer's network, they most definitely have the ability to view your clear text traffic, and in some cases your encrypted traffic, depending on the protocols. Some businesses even prohibit outbound encrypted traffic for most of their employees, depending on the sensitivity of their business.

Mobile phones running on their own network (not WiFi) are probably safe from most businesses, however to in tinfoil hat land, they're not to be trusted at all.

Maybe the Sun was wrong and or maybe she moved. I can't see there being too many Leanne McRobbs living in Muskoka township, who knows , it isn't likely that the reporters will follow up or investigate

In the Star article: "McRobb's Muskoka Lakes homes, located near a firehall, was dark Tuesday night." There's a firehall in Bala, on Grey Road. It goes on to note that the neighbour met McRobb last summer. Could suggest a recent move. If her phone is disconnected, perhaps its an out-of-date listing.

http://www.northumberlandnews.com/n...ays-woman-arrested-allegedly-driving-his-suv/

Even if RoFo were to drop out (which I don't think will happen), and if DoFo doesn't step in instead, I can't see Soknaki getting more than 5% tops. If RoFo doesn't drop out, he'll definitely get not get above 5%. If anyone wants to take that bet, I propose the lose wears an avatar of the winner's choosing here for a month. :)

I'll take that bet! For optimism's sake!

Now I got a horse in this race!

When I was 9 years old (or 8 or 10 - somewhere around there) my parents took me to NYC on vacation. What I have never forgotten is that (1) I got to go to Manhatten for the first time, (2) I got to go to a classic NYC coffee shop and sit at the counter for the first time and (3) also sitting at the counter (not in 'uniform') was Officer Gunther Toody - Joe E. Ross. He had a brief chat with my parents (this was decades before selfies and celebrity hysteria), did one "ooh, ooh" for me, and gave me his autograph on the free postcard that I had pocketed from our hotel room (the Edison, near Times Square). (If I had the time for an attic excursion, I would do looking for the autographed card right away!)*

*(I'm pretty sure it's in the same box as my Henny Youngman autograph, from a show at the Imperial Room at the Royal York.)

My parents put me on Manhattan-bound train at Union Station when I was nine. I was by myself, but had a roomette.

I got to meet Julius LaRosa who was a friend of my aunt and uncle. I also was in the same room as Mrs. Babe Ruth, but unfortunately did not get to meet her.

Henny Youngman was a wonderful entertainer from a better era. He wore a suit and worked clean. He knew how to be funny without the four-letter words. I envy the fact that you got to see him perform live.

To bad RoFo didn't have someone as talented as Henny at his campaign kick-off.

WiFi encryption is pretty much broken across the board, meaning anyone within range, with a little know how can sniff your packets, and possibly even hijack your session.

With respect to an employer's network, they most definitely have the ability to view your clear text traffic, and in some cases your encrypted traffic, depending on the protocols. Some businesses even prohibit outbound encrypted traffic for most of their employees, depending on the sensitivity of their business.

Mobile phones running on their own network (not WiFi) are probably safe from most businesses, however to in tinfoil hat land, they're not to be trusted at all.

UT is hosted on a secure site. At best packet sniffing will tell you that the phone is visiting UT, but they'll never know what's being transmitted. There's a theoretical man-in-the middle attack, but that is highly unlikely and would require a compromised router.

Oooh...it's ON!!!

I'm still undecided, but I definitely think Soknacki will get above 5%. With or without Ford in the race.

Here's a preview of your new avatar :)

41ew744zgtL._SX342_.jpg

Attachments

• 41ew744zgtL._SX342_.jpg
    41ew744zgtL._SX342_.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 978
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back