News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like about 15(!) and counting...

you're right, another page bit the dust while I was posting! :eek:

Do we know if it's something a moderator is doing/cleaning up... or some technical glitch and the database is eating pages and destroying the thread! (we have some good stuff here; wouldn't want to lose it!)

The thread is so big -- it has been "eaten" before. Or could be the mods are cleaning up the talk of ships and what not :)

you're right, another page bit the dust while I was posting! :eek:

Do we know if it's something a moderator is doing/cleaning up... or some technical glitch and the database is eating pages and destroying the thread! (we have some good stuff here; wouldn't want to lose it!)

dunno, at 1:39 on my phone there was 4489 pages... as I start to type this 4472. Whats up Mods?

looks like about 15(!) and counting...

Probably a forum bug. I've been refreshing every few hours - slow day at work - and no one's said anything weird or offensive or rule-breaking that would necessitate such heavy-handed housecleaning.

Perhaps a user who has posted a lot, deleted his/her account and requested his/her posts be deleted too?

Nothing has really changed in Dougie's rhetoric, he even spouts that democracy thing over and over again. For the record, Robbie represents a minority, the 300k+ is quite less than the what the councillors were voted in with; what is the definition of democracy Doggie?

I'm personally thinking that Robbie will resign when he gets back, I don't, think that Doggie will step up to run, but it would not be the first time he has proclaimed one thing and done an other.

Last edited:
I'm personally thinking that Robbie will resign when he gets back

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. He wouldn't be spewing all this "can't wait to get back to the campaign" crap if he was even considering resigning.

Same old Rob. Not a shred of respect, decorum or class. When did it become acceptable to refer to people without their titles? In public life, few people refer to their peers or even their adversaries in such casual language. Even when they are fighting about some legislation, they always say I would like to address the honourable M.P. Mrs. Chow - or something of that nature.

Neither Olivia Chow or John Tory have a title, do they?

Nothing has really changed in Dougie's rhetoric, he even spouts that democracy thing over and over again. For the record, Robbie represents a minority, the 300k+ is quite less than the what the councillors were voted in with; what is the definition of democracy Doggie?

I'm personally thinking that Robbie will resign when he gets back, I don't, think that Doggie will step up to run, but it would not be the first time he has proclaimed one thing and done an other.
Can't see him resigning, but I don't think he'll want to risk coming in last in the election. They know he hasn't got a hope in hell of winning, so he might use "personal issues" to withdraw. I can see someone running as a place holder in Etobicoke and Rob returning as a councillor, but who knows what the Fords have planned. In fact, I doubt there is a plan.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening. He wouldn't be spewing all this "can't wait to get back to the campaign" crap if he was even considering resigning.

The brother's have used smoke & mirrors before, and subterfuge like "You didn't ask the right question." in the past to misdirect, so it's not a stretch to see it now. One question is why they are trying their sidestep now, and what may they be stalling for?

...They know he hasn't got a hope in hell of winning, so he might use "personal issues" to withdraw...

That is of course quite possible to just let his term expire. I think they would most likely want the bang, Robbie playing the victim, and you could just see Doggie, and others of the Ford cult crying foul over something like... the media hounded Robbie out of office as a prelude to something.

I don't trust the brothers to do the right thing unless it's for their own reasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back