News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny but once again only their own incompetence at closing a deal has kept the Fords from a bigger and more obvious conflict of interest.

It's funny but once again only their own incompetence at closing a deal has kept the Fords from a bigger and more obvious conflict of interest.

Maybe. Maybe not. Just because Doug says Donnelly didn't refer them any business doesn't mean that's true.

How would that even be researched?

For UTers who work out...

(From the Post article)

Is bench pressing 1200 pounds something that is physically possible to do at all, and if so, a recommended activity for someone who is as clearly out of shape as Ford? Or is that comment just another example of how Doug Ford is truth-challenged?

First of all no one would ever say bench pressing with their legs. A bench press is a very specific movement. So douggie is an idiot there. Secondly, I have to assume he meant leg pressing -- which isn't done on a bench -- but rather a machine that would have the weights totaled by moving a peg down a stack of weights or you would add plates to the bar. And no, Robbie is not doing that either. I hardly believe the city hall gym has 1200 pounds of plates in total and machines don't go to 1200 pounds. I doubt city hall has eleiko plates or anything and the most you can fit on a press is 18 plates, I believe. At 45 pounds per plate that's 810 max the press can even accommodate. I lift at a commercial gym and a powerlifting gym and I've never seen anyone do 1200 pounds on a leg press.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.30.59 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.30.59 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-06 at 10.30.59 PM.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 951
It's entirely possible that RoFo had gone crazy on the weights, got leg spasms, then got wasted, entertained a lady friend, and then got poured into the truck and driven home.

Why the hell is he bench pressing, who is he trying to impress? He's an overweight, middle aged man who needs to be watching his diet better and doing cardio like brisk walking, light jogging or working a treadmill - not bench pressing any amount of weight in his condition and at his weight.
I swear this guy has a death wish.

but he was likely doing leg presses. you'd think the husband and father of fitness enthusiasts would know the difference. anyway...

Dan Kendra: He was a Florida state university quarter back, who is said to have joined the navy seals. Dan Kendra was attributed to lifting 1,335 pounds of weight in the biggest leg press record, back in the day when he was playing college football. Dan has a black belt in Taekwondo and is from the same region of Pennsylvania as Dan Marino.

[...]

The leg press world record is still a controversy and most bodybuilders do not pay much heed to talk about leg press records, as it is considered to be one of the easiest leg exercises.

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/leg-press-world-record.html

Maybe. Maybe not. Just because Doug says Donnelly didn't refer them any business doesn't mean that's true.

How would that even be researched?

Many industries have sales cycle times that are measured in months and years -- a vendor has to work on establishing a relationship with a prospective customer for a long time. I'm not sure how industrial printing is with respect to this, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this applies in this sector. So it's perfectly plausible that a plant tour and other get-to-know-you activities happened, no sales have yet taken place, but they may be still be in the pipe. Even if Deco hasn't yet earned a dollar from this relationship, there's nothing to say that it won't earn them in the future.

(Mind you, having all this thrown out into the open and attracting the attention of the Toronto auditor general can't be helpful for the sales effort -- maybe it's better to say that this *could* have earned dollars in the future, if things hadn't gone off the rails).

Many industries have sales cycle times that are measured in months and years -- a vendor has to work on establishing a relationship with a prospective customer for a long time. I'm not sure how industrial printing is with respect to this, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this applies in this sector. So it's perfectly plausible that a plant tour and other get-to-know-you activities happened, no sales have yet taken place, but they may be still be in the pipe. Even if Deco hasn't yet earned a dollar from this relationship, there's nothing to say that it won't earn them in the future.

(Mind you, having all this thrown out into the open and attracting the attention of the Toronto auditor general can't be helpful for the sales effort -- maybe it's better to say that this *could* have earned dollars in the future, if things hadn't gone off the rails).

Yes, I'm in marketing, and courting a prospective client can take months or years.

Regardless of result, the intent was still there. It was a definite conflict of interest situation.

paging les nessman, paging les nessman

Deadly shooting in Vaughan

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/deadly-shooting-in-vaughan-1.2668056

more info...

Vaughan shooting kills man; possible ties to mob unrest

Friday’s shootings came as a surprise as it was expected to be a quiet weekend in Toronto’s underworld; many mobsters were in Montreal for the Formula One racing at the Canadian Grand Prix, always a popular event with Mafia figures.

[...]

Because of a lack of buzz about the shooting within the mob community, it suggests the victims are not of high standing within organized crime.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/06/06/vaughan-shooting-kills-man-possible-ties-to-mob-unrest/

this one has info the national post said they couldn't share...

Vaughan murder may be linked to recent mob hit: Source

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/06/vaughan-murder-may-be-linked-to-recent-mob-hit-source

Last edited:
Why the hell is he bench pressing, who is he trying to impress? He's an overweight, middle aged man who needs to be watching his diet better and doing cardio like brisk walking, light jogging or working a treadmill - not bench pressing any amount of weight in his condition and at his weight.
I swear this guy has a death wish.

He's obviously preparing to take on Spider-Man again.

kingpin.jpg

Attachments

• kingpin.jpg
    kingpin.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 966
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back