News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Ford Campaign ‏@2014MayorFord 1h
12 days

Please add to this soon-to-be classic:

The 12 Days of Freedom

On the 12th day of freedom, our criminal mayor gave to us...
12 Prides parading!

The thing I've been so baffled about, for months, is why he hasn't been nailed 100% for any of the above, or for any other of his sloppy, half-assed schemes. WHY is there not a clear-cut "Rob has not been in rehab, and here's proof" story? Would it have been that hard for ONE reporter to simply tail him for a few days as he's been out and about in cottage country, maybe staying at a luxury resort or at his cottage? Why can't this seem to happen? I just don't get it.

Fully agreed! That;s why I'm not holding my breath that this Resort story will ever see the light of day beyond here and #TOPoli

Fully agreed! That;s why I'm not holding my breath that this Resort story will ever see the light of day beyond here and #TOPoli

But WHYYYYYY? What could the reason possibly be? This whole rehab saga has been nothing but stink and red flags, right from the start and pretty much every moment since. It's not like the obviously sketchy stuff has even tapered off. Is the Star, for example, concerned about the optics of going after him aggressively while he's supposedly in rehab? If so, why? They have already staked their position on Ford and stuck with the story no matter how much heat they took---and it has largely paid off. What would even be the point of backing off now? Why not just stay on him? God, I would love to understand the forces or reasoning against it.

He completed a one-month intensive rehab program at GS and then spent the last few weeks at his cottage getting rest and family time while receiving daily out-patient support. That's what Doug will say.

He completed a one-month intensive rehab program at GS and then spent the last few weeks at his cottage getting rest and family time while receiving daily out-patient support. That's what Doug will say.

But Wormtongue's article gets in the way of that. According to Joe, Rob is there right now, watching tv and making coffee.

If he really sits down with all the papers I want the questions to go far beyond "Have you stopped drinking?". I want the corruption addressed, I want questions about the way they campaigned last time addressed (the fake online accounts, the fake phone calls in to talk radio), the racism, the homophobia, etc. etc. The last thing I want is for the press to play into his own narrative.

These shots are from the Windermere House, taken days ago (June 14). Check out the virtual tour here: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.164...e1!3m3!1slRlxt7OT2Z8AAAQJOMiX4Q!2e0!3e2?hl=en

winde2.jpg

And on Windermere's Pub Patio:

robford2.jpg

Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 1.10.28 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 11.08.03 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 11.08.03 AM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 3,298
  • winde2.jpg
    winde2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 5,150
  • robford6.jpg
    robford6.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 3,417
  • winder1.jpg
    winder1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3,296
  • robford2.jpg
    robford2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 4,703
  • Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 11.24.32 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 11.24.32 AM.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 3,577
  • Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 1.10.28 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-06-18 at 1.10.28 PM.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3,258
Last edited:
If he really sits down with all the papers I want the questions to go far beyond "Have you stopped drinking?". I want the corruption addressed, I want questions about the way they campaigned last time addressed (the fake online accounts, the fake phone calls in to talk radio), the racism, the homophobia, etc. etc. The last thing I want is for the press to play into his own narrative.

That's probably what will happen - it'll be like a string of Ledrew interviews. He'll just tell his made up story without being challenged on anything, and it'll be all "So tell us how rehab has changed you" and that will allow him to control the story. This would be a great chance for journalists to ask some tough questions which I fear will be lost.

But Wormtongue's article gets in the way of that. According to Joe, Rob is there right now, watching tv and making coffee.

And the person I know who was there with him said back in May that Ford was there for 60 days. So if he has left, that wasn't the original plan. Of course I know that won't factor into what Doug says. But yeah, Wormington wrote yesterday about Ford in GS with quotes from a "pro athlete".

it doesn't matter if he comes back with a full head of hair, a six-pack and weighing 180 lbs, he needs to be asked the question that every alcoholic in his position would be asked:
have you stopped drinking? can you guarantee that have you have completely stopped drinking?

no ifs, ands, or buts about it. no weasel words. it's a simple yes or no.

if he stays sober until October 27, it will be very obvious to everyone. he's still going to lose, but he will actually have accomplished something for the first time in his life.

Fuck asking him about drinking (he's said he can "guarantee" that he won;t drink again before, after all), ask him about crack. If he admits he has a crack problem, it shows that he might actually be taking robhab seriously to some degree or other. If he claims he just had a problem with a few pops every now and then and with his weight, we know for certain there'll be another crack bender within days,

Drug testing

it doesn't matter if he comes back with a full head of hair, a six-pack and weighing 180 lbs, he needs to be asked the question that every alcoholic in his position would be asked:
have you stopped drinking? can you guarantee that have you have completely stopped drinking?

no ifs, ands, or buts about it. no weasel words. it's a simple yes or no.

if he stays sober until October 27, it will be very obvious to everyone. he's still going to lose, but he will actually have accomplished something for the first time in his life.

Ford has no credibility, and his words are worth nothing. The only way to confirm that he is abstinent is for him to submit to random, supervised drug tests. If he refuses, it can be stated with confidence that he is not abstinent. This is standard practice in addiction medicine, especially for hard-core addicts like Ford.

The last thing I want is for the press to play into his own narrative.

Unfortunately, this is exactly what will happen. Guaranteed.

Luckily, Ford is also guaranteed to stick his foot back in it. There is no way he goes to Oct.27th without messing it all up again, and for good this time.

These shots are from the Windermere House, taken days ago (June 14). Check out the virtual tour here: https://www.google.com/maps/@45.164...e1!3m3!1slRlxt7OT2Z8AAAQJOMiX4Q!2e0!3e2?hl=en

View attachment 28497

LONG time lurker. I finally joined up to say THANK YOU!!! It's been driving me crazy to see this rumour and not see any proof, but you totally just sealed it. This forum is absolutely incredible. You guys do the work that reporters are just unwilling or unable to do. I have spent a lot of time reading your posts. I don't currently live in Toronto, but plan to return and don't want this asshat and his brother to destroy it before I get back. Thank you guys for doing all of this hard work!

Ford has no credibility, and his words are worth nothing. The only way to confirm that he is abstinent is for him to submit to random, supervised drug tests. If he refuses, it can be stated with confidence that he is not abstinent. This is standard practice in addiction medicine, especially for hard-core addicts like Ford.

Welcome to UT. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back