News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kouvalis' poll numbers, which were very accurate last time, have Ford a distant third and Tory and Chow tied. Assuming Chow has similar internal numbers, I'm curious as to why she's started going after Ford harder. Maybe she wants conservative voters to think Ford's still a contender so enough people vote for him instead of Tory and, thus, give her the win?

By last time I take you to mean 2010. They weren't so very accurate for the provincial election. And the Globe, whose endorsement of voting for a Hudak minority is still controversial, allowed Kouvalis to make editorializing comments on his poll numbers. I think it's odd to suggest that Chow's going after Ford so that people vote for him.

Last edited:
Kouvalis' poll numbers, which were very accurate last time, have Ford a distant third and Tory and Chow tied. Assuming Chow has similar internal numbers, I'm curious as to why she's started going after Ford harder. Maybe she wants conservative voters to think Ford's still a contender so enough people vote for him instead of Tory and, thus, give her the win?

I dunno, Kovalis had this to say: "Once people realize John Tory can win, he becomes the anti-Ford and the anti-Chow.”

I wouldn;t put it past him to up the Tory vote in the poll to make it seem like Tory has a chance to do just that.

I dunno, Kovalis had this to say: "Once people realize John Tory can win, he becomes the anti-Ford and the anti-Chow.”

I wouldn;t put it past him to up the Tory vote in the poll to make it seem like Tory has a chance to do just that.

absolutely. and on that point i'm sort of surprised that the globe ran the story at all - and that doolittle gave it over 750 words. it essentially amounts to a glorified press release for the tory campaign.

Last edited:
absolutely. and on that point i'm sort of surprised that the globe ran the story at all - and that doolittle gave it over 750 words. it essentially amounts to a glorified press release for the tory campaign.

The Star will endorse Chow, The Globe Tory...will the Sun dare endorse the guy they asked to resign at least twice?

Not designed or expected to be accepted. The opposite. This is Doug 'the best camping manager ever', from top to bottom. "All of the councillors who are against you or do not want to be associated with you (close to 100%) will stay away and then we will paint them as lazy (it is a work day) and harsh (unwilling to give you a 22nd chance). Joe Worms will transcribe it, and CP24 will give me a sound bite, and the whole thing will slide down the throat of Ford Nation like butter."

Oh I definitely get that; it couldn't be more transparent. It really is very insulting of them to assume "folks" are that stoopid. Seriously. Except Ford Nation is that stoopid. Fortunately, he's going to need more than what's left of Ford Nation to win.

Toronto Environmental Alliance 2010 to 2014 Enviro Report

TEA.jpg

http://www.torontoenvironment.org/sites/tea/files/TEA Enviro REPORTCARD.pdf

I notice that Karen Stintz gets an "F" like Doug and Rob, Denzil Minnan-Wong, and our "Moral Compass Freak", Giorgio Mammoliti. David Soknacki does not seem to be rated for some reason.

Attachments

• TEA.jpg
    TEA.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 798
Here's my armchair strategist theory. It's in Chow's interests to split the conservative vote as evenly as possible between Ford and Tory.

She'd do that by focusing her attacks on the third place candidate to make it seem like he's the real threat, which convinces more conservatives to back that person and, thus, gives her a healthier lead.

Or I'm clueless and Kouvalis is lying about his numbers--both are real possibilities haha.

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Watchdog urges integrity chief to probe Toronto Mayor Rob Ford
Democracy Watch alleges conflicts of interest over the Ford brothers' lobbying for business associates

By: Eric Andrew-Gee Staff Reporter, Published on Fri Jun 27 2014

A respected national watchdog group is asking the city integrity commissioner to investigate the Ford brothers over possible conflicts of interest in lobbying senior bureaucrats on behalf of business associates.

Democracy Watch has filed an affidavit with integrity chief Janet Leiper urging her to probe whether Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Councillor Doug Ford breached city council’s code of conduct, a violation that could earn the Etobicoke politicians a public reprimand or up to 90 days’ suspension.

The allegations stem from media reports showing that the Fords rallied top city officials to help Apollo Health and Beauty Care when the company was under investigation for a sewage spill in 2012. The Ford family business, Deco Labels and Tags, had produced labels for Apollo in the past.

The mayor and his brother are also alleged to have helped printing behemoth RR Donnelley and Sons solicit a contract from City Hall while the company was arranging to refer clients to Deco in 2011.

more at source

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Watchdog urges integrity chief to probe Toronto Mayor Rob Ford
Democracy Watch alleges conflicts of interest over the Ford brothers' lobbying for business associates

By: Eric Andrew-Gee Staff Reporter, Published on Fri Jun 27 2014

A respected national watchdog group is asking the city integrity commissioner to investigate the Ford brothers over possible conflicts of interest in lobbying senior bureaucrats on behalf of business associates.

Democracy Watch has filed an affidavit with integrity chief Janet Leiper urging her to probe whether Mayor Rob Ford and his brother Councillor Doug Ford breached city council’s code of conduct, a violation that could earn the Etobicoke politicians a public reprimand or up to 90 days’ suspension.

The allegations stem from media reports showing that the Fords rallied top city officials to help Apollo Health and Beauty Care when the company was under investigation for a sewage spill in 2012. The Ford family business, Deco Labels and Tags, had produced labels for Apollo in the past.

The mayor and his brother are also alleged to have helped printing behemoth RR Donnelley and Sons solicit a contract from City Hall while the company was arranging to refer clients to Deco in 2011.

more at source

I think the whole Ford saga demonstrates that there are no "checks & balances" on politicians. Short of doing something illegal that puts them in jail, they can do whatever without repercussion. Unless they have a moral compass and do the honourable thing to resign, we are stuck with them. Funny how as employees we would never survive some of this crap but politicians with no shame or conscience can survive just about anything.

I have to say I think you're all making way too much fuss over this. Politicians have "statement" press conferences that don't involve an immediate Q&A all the time. Why do all 72 questions (or even 10) have to be addressed right then and there, on his first day back from rehab? As noted, some of these questions have been lingering since last October, some since last May, so what's another day? Yes, the next day is a holiday, but so what? After that there is Wednesday July 2, Thursday July 3, Friday July 4... and the work week after that, and so on. We do have a few good journalists out there; let them do their jobs and wear him down.

Why? Because Doug said Rob would sit with each individual outlet. After that, he changed it to a presser on the Monday of the long weekend with no dialogue. He accused the star and globe of trying to kill them.

Why not return Wednesday? It's all about games, lies and bullshit, and it just shows that nothing has changed. Giving the 44 councillors a last minute invite at 2 minutes each to meet him is garbage. Not allowing questions is bullshit. We have every right to be enraged and disgusted because he's picked up exactly where he left off.

We have every right to be enraged and disgusted because he's picked up exactly where he left off.

This sums it up.

We're going to be hearing alot of ""Anything Else?". I think part of the 22nd chance deal for many people is that they want to hear the answers to many of the questions he has consistently dodged before forming an opinion. It's definitely a terrible PR/Campaign strategy, but par for the course from these knuckleheads who are used to operating within a zero consequence environment.

There is a saying in 12 step wisdom that would be an apt/great campaign slogan for Rob Ford Mayor 2014:

When nothing changes, nothing changes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back