8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sums it up.

We're going to be hearing alot of ""Anything Else?". I think part of the 22nd chance deal for many people is that they want to hear the answers to many of the questions he has consistently dodged before forming an opinion. It's definitely a terrible PR/Campaign strategy, but par for the course from these knuckleheads who are used to operating within a zero consequence environment.

There is a saying in 12 step wisdom that would be an apt/great campaign slogan for Rob Ford Mayor 2014:

When nothing changes, nothing changes.

Yes. As already said - the 'address' surely will just gloss over 'the past' in a very general way and include a supposed 'apology' designed to enable him to claim that he has already dealt with 'the past' and need not take any questions on it now that he is 'cured' (said cure being demonstrable, inter alia, from his offer to let other councillors come to his office to waste their time with him) - except, perhaps, softball questions from Joe Worms and LeDrew that will allow him to regurgitate the 'address' and thank his 'amazing rehab' for his 'cure'.

Yes. As already said - the 'address' surely will just gloss over 'the past' in a very general way and include a supposed 'apology' designed to enable him to claim that he has already dealt with 'the past' and need not take any questions on it now that he is 'cured' (said cure being demonstrable, inter alia, from his offer to let other councillors come to his office to waste their time with him) - except, perhaps, softball questions from Joe Worms and LeDrew that will allow him to regurgitate the 'address' and thank his 'amazing rehab' for his 'cure'.

I bet he will say that he is not "cured" and that he knows he has a long road ahead of him, a lot to atone for, or similar, etc. etc. He'll use the language of recovery, it's not hard. And it will sound legit enough, and be difficult to criticize. He's just savvy enough.

I bet he will say that he is not "cured" and that he knows he has a long road ahead of him, a lot to atone for, or similar, etc. etc. He'll use the language of recovery, it's not hard. And it will sound legit enough, and be difficult to criticize. He's just savvy enough.

tough call. i'm torn between your version and pud's. my current guess is that if past performance is any indication, he'll affect a very contrite tone, but basically just offer one big vague blanket apology ("sorry for everything")-type statement, and then refuse to address it again.

when pressed, he'll simply say that "i've already apologized."

-mike

You're probably right - he will go through the motions in Monday and then ignore everything he said.

On Monday, I fully expect to hear that he is doing "fantastic" but not sure whether we will here from Rob that he is "100% committed" or if he will go for the full "110% committed".

Look harder!

EX43.13 Next Phase of Waterfront Revitalization (Ward All)

I wonder if anyone will hold EX43.2 for discussion...Council Staff Travel in 2013 and the 8,155. spent on the Toronto/Austin trip by three of R Ford's staff ...
Seems to me this item would meat for R Fords grinder if it was anyone else...

You're probably right - he will go through the motions in Monday and then ignore everything he said.

The only way he gets to play the victim ("How dare you hounds pick on a recovering addict") is if he pretends to be a recovering addict.

Simple, folks. It's what he's going to do, watch.

Someone should just start a chart with odds for different phrases.
What's the over/under on him mentioning his pant size has dropped from 52 to 44? Or will he not SAY it but just show up wearing Lululemon gear to show off the new figure?

I don't think what he says Monday will be as interesting as his "one-on-one" interviews with hand-picked media. I'm curious who will get those, anyway. They said they won't sit down with the Star or Globe but I don't see Proskow or Peat or Nickle or David Hain at Torontoist being any more sympathetic.
Really, aside from Sue-Ann Levy or Warmington, it should be a rough ride. (And if the Sun wants to show it has ANY editorial credibility, it will let its beat reporter do the interview, not the biased columnists.)

For those who think the media has gone easy on him, these interviews will be the real test because he obviously will have practiced talking points and catch-phrases galore and he will be running home to mama with his "That's in the past, you have to give me another chance now that I'm recovering" stuff. It will take some effort to knock him off that because sticking to his illogical, unsubstantiated claims is a natural talent with that guy. The mere fact he is not taking questions upon his return and then picking who he will talk to should make the actual situation clear to anyone paying attention but we'll see who's ready to get in the ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back