News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
If thats the best this city has to offer as mayoral candidates, then heaven help us all!

I've noticed the entire Ford campaign has been much more "wrestling" than every before. The Jerry Springer type over-the-top cheering/booing, the confrontations. He really brought an ugly cloud into politics that I haven't seen before.

Well, there have been not-so-comparable antecedents. But, seriously, volks, if Robbie's gonna bully up, the bully-back is inevitable. Not sure Ghandism's gonna cut it. Nor apparently will "beweg deinen fetten arsch zur seite" (get your fat ass out of the way). If he's gonna stack these things with his Stainshirts, no-shirts won't cut it. Gotta get up in his ample visage.

Here are my thoughts as an outsider
Chow needs to streamline her messaging, Rob Ford is just a lying liar who lies , Stinz was too one sided and reminded me of a really too perfect tv mom, Soknackie is smart but comes off as weak, Tory sounded the most Mayoral to me and I always vote NDP.

The debate questions were very geared toward the current Mayor. No one wants to be the first to call Rob out , they tried to but failed when and where it counted. If Toronto elects Rob again, it will be because the others are not playing the same game as Ford.

Everyone needs to calm down. Ford supporters were brought in in large numbers. Even with the "Ford more years" chants, there were still boos reigning down when he spoke. It seems likely the questions were selected to suit his agenda, and even then, he wasn't the "King" of the debate. He's running against his own record of failure. That sense came through for me.

As for the others, I felt Chow, Tory and Socknacki all had good moments. Stintz was by far the worst. She saved her most pointed attacks for Tory and Chow, and reminded voters about Ford's successes pre-crack scandal.

The despair that comes from seeing Ford avoid a debate with serious questions about gangs, or crime is understandable. But he's not going to be able to stage manage his way around those questions if he hopes to convince the public he's fit for office. Unfortunately, this debate wasn't the starting point for that.

And to cap off a wonderful Scarborough evening--it's Iola.

goldsbie 8:49pm via Twitter for Android
Iola Fortino, that likely unwell evangelical homophobe, is here shouting at Tory for aligning himself with Sodomites or something.

Sorry if I'm parsing the language too narrowly, but Iola Fortino is not a likely unwell Evangelical homophobe; she's a likely unwell Catholic homophobe (see her twitter profile if you have any doubt of this). Evangelicalism is a Protestant movement.

(If goldsbie truly meant evangelical in the lower-case sense, then I guess my criticism doesn't apply).

(And further sorry for the bad form of replying to a tweet here on this forum, but i. I don't have a twitter account, ii. I figure goldsbie reads this forum, and iii. judging on the basis of the debate tonight no-one else follows any rules or standards anymore so I'm giving up on them as well).

Last edited:
Chow came across well what I heard. I haven't heard her speak before, and she sounded very direct and to the point. No one else seemed to have the ethical fortitude to call Ford out on his shit.

Practically half the time she spoke she was drowned out by Ford hecklers. Sad really.

... she's a likely unwell Catholic homophone.
If an anglophone speaks English, and a Francophone speaks French, what does a homophone speak? Is it some kind of universal translator or something that is understand by all humanity? So she's a deity of some kind?

... I'll get my coat ...

What a mess. Chow was the only one who brought up Ford's sobriety and the media criticize her, calling it a low blow. And that was from a Torontoist reporter!

10561028_1442783392660387_898060569_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/765231036556048907_187500445

Attachments

• 10561028_1442783392660387_898060569_n.jpg
    10561028_1442783392660387_898060569_n.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 739
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back