News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio on CP24 (before it cut out completely) had her clear. You didn't really hear the racists shouting while she was speaking.

Ah, I didn't consider TV cameras bleeping out the nonsense in the background.

Thankfully you guys watching at home didn't have to put up with the constant nonstop heckling from Frauds (and a bit from Tory's camp, unfortunately).

It's to the point where I've decided to throw my hat in the Chow camp after the debate. Some parts of her policy I'm still iffy about but I've decided doing work for a campaign team does more than yelling back at hecklers to shut up.

I've noticed the entire Ford campaign has been much more "wrestling" than every before. The Jerry Springer type over-the-top cheering/booing, the confrontations. He really brought an ugly cloud into politics that I haven't seen before.

A thing that amazes me is how Ford nation loves being figuratively slapped in the face by him. For his bobblehead signings he comes always late either out of disrespect for his "fans" or just to make the line look long. Reminds me also of his Ford fest hotdog giveaway, instead of having four people giving out hotdogs so it can go quicker. He has a single person giving it and have the line be a single-file line so it can look longer. Who cares if people are waiting for over an hour to get a measly hotdog. It's all about visual optics of support, so no surprise he would do a stunt like tonight. His fan base has no self-respect for themselves so why should he have any for them.

Ford keeps claiming threats against him, and has cops come in because of it. But the only threat I can confirm is the video of Ford threatening somebody with death, there's actually a video of that and there's nothing vague about it. Any followup on that. Is there an investigation into that? Or the vague threat about a security guy better "watch out" do we have a follow up of that. I mean he does hang out with known shady people, what possible reason to not follow up on the threats. Oh I forget "men of influence" again, they are allowed to do whatever they want.

10514024_525943187506685_124543700_n.jpg

http://www.vinevideoviewer.com/p/765239173382317460_430307728

Attachments

• 10514024_525943187506685_124543700_n.jpg
    10514024_525943187506685_124543700_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 738
more splitting hairs on Iola - definitely an unwell Catholic (who claims to have had visions) - an evangelical may or may not believe Catholics are Christians. Heaven knows why she would support Ford - other than the homophobic thing.

To fuel the suspicions about tonight's Ford-friendly set of debate questions, the debate was hosted by a Tamil organization. Wasn't it a group in the Tamil community in the last election which released openly homophobic radio ads attacking Smitherman in 2010. Perhaps Ford's homophobic dog whistle continues to resonate with this community?

To fuel the suspicions about tonight's Ford-friendly set of debate questions, the debate was hosted by a Tamil organization. Wasn't it a group in the Tamil community in the last election which released openly homophobic radio ads attacking Smitherman in 2010. Perhaps Ford's homophobic dog whistle continues to resonate with this community?

http://dailyxtra.com/ideas/blogs/latest-news-roundup/behind-the-anti-gay-tamil-radio-ad-update

The org. itself is pretty neutral, wouldn't worry too much about that.

Does anyone remember that subway meeting that RoFo was at out in Scarborough where the issue came up? Who organized that?

AoD

Last edited:
Well, yes, but I couldn't think of a historical king for THAT.

AoD

Hmmm... King Pyrrhus of Epirus (Greece) comes to mind, especially after the last few years.

If an anglophone speaks English, and a Francophone speaks French, what does a homophone speak? Is it some kind of universal translator or something that is understand by all humanity? So she's a deity of some kind?

... I'll get my coat ...

;)

The Fordites that were brought in made Scarborough look bad. What I read (I wasn't home to watch) seemed to imply Soknacki came off well, Stintz was bruuuutal and Ford lied repeatedly.

I just saw that CTV clip of John Furr and that Ford guy. Furr came off looking better than him but I am still uncomfortable with him as the leader of the group. I'm also pissed off that he put #RFMG on top of the t-shirts when he left the sit in after a few weeks and only talked negatively about it. Now it looks like his group is part of us and it isn't. We do have people who have been part of both groups and that's fine but don't go stealing our hashtag.

Sorry if I'm parsing the language too narrowly, but Iola Fortino is not a likely unwell Evangelical homophobe; she's a likely unwell Catholic homophobe (see her twitter profile if you have any doubt of this). Evangelicalism is a Protestant movement.

(If goldsbie truly meant evangelical in the lower-case sense, then I guess my criticism doesn't apply).

(And further sorry for the bad form of replying to a tweet here on this forum, but i. I don't have a twitter account, ii. I figure goldsbie reads this forum, and iii. judging on the basis of the debate tonight no-one else follows any rules or standards anymore so I'm giving up on them as well).

Roman Catholic actually.

The Fordites that were brought in made Scarborough look bad. What I read (I wasn't home to watch) seemed to imply Soknacki came off well, Stintz was bruuuutal and Ford lied repeatedly.

I just saw that CTV clip of John Furr and that Ford guy. Furr came off looking better than him but I am still uncomfortable with him as the leader of the group. I'm also pissed off that he put #RFMG on top of the t-shirts when he left the sit in after a few weeks and only talked negatively about it. Now it looks like his group is part of us and it isn't. We do have people who have been part of both groups and that's fine but don't go stealing our hashtag.

I also was not overly impressed with that clip. I think it's important to stay calm when discussing Ford with his fanatical, brainwashed supporters. A shouting match will go nowhere. It's better to let them shout and stand out as idiots IMO.

Oy, they could've at least gotten Ford on the TCHC more effectively; people brought in to fix the problems became part of them, the back log of repairs got worse - no matter how many times Ford visited to complain or his brother showed up to hand out 20s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back