News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
So depressing to see Rob Ford say that spending money = wasting money and watch it go unchallenged. Soknacki tries but it isn't getting traction.

Ford is a landlord who ignores a leaking roof so he can boast about how little he spends on repairs, and when it finally caves in he blames it on his tenants.

Why in god's name does Chow keep going on about this imaginary mother with a baby stroller waiting for a bus? I want to vote for her but damn... does she have any idea how pathetic her talking points sound when Rob Ford is dropping (inaccurate) "100 million dollar savings" quotes left and right? Step one is discredit Rob Ford's accomplishments. Step two is provide a vision. Step NEVER is blaming late buses on Rob Ford.

That debate was painful to watch.

I like Socknaki, seems competent, but he's gotta seriously re-think the mathlete captain approach when facing Ford.

Speaking of the SS MINO. Near the 12-13 minute mark on the CBC stream, Ford sounds like he channeled a bad stereotype of a southern baptist preacher.
Can't wait for the next debacle, eh I mean debate, Ford might bring out the faith healing part of the show.

The five-person debate format is perfectly tailored to Ford's high-energy, loose-facts delivery. Without a repeated back and forth there's no way to hold him to any of his more ridiculous statements. He may be an idiot but he's an idiot who can stay on message, and having four opponents doesn't help. They really need to do a debate with only the top 2 or 3 and let them have at each other.

Good post.

Time to drop Stintz and Soknacki.

Why in god's name does Chow keep going on about this imaginary mother with a baby stroller waiting for a bus? I want to vote for her but damn... does she have any idea how pathetic her talking points sound when Rob Ford is dropping (inaccurate) "100 million dollar savings" quotes left and right? Step one is discredit Rob Ford's accomplishments. Step two is provide a vision. Step NEVER is blaming late buses on Rob Ford.

I assume she is going for the compassionate route, unlike Fords cold figures that are based on his special reality.

Was it just me or did Ford show that he is sweet on Chow?

The Fords would prefer to lose to Chow than to anybody else; Rob has said it himself. It seems like they have a lot more respect for her than the conservatives running. Doug apparently even applauded one of Chow's lines about Tory not knowing what he's talking about at the municipal level.

It's a matter of time before Karen and David leave the race.
I'm still hoping someone else will join!

I'd like someone to really bring out the big guns against Rob Ford and not worry about the backlash. Bring up all the crap he's done with facts present and proof available. That's the only way to beat the people who think he's perfect and has done nothing wrong. Unfortunately some people don't care about facts anyway. Some don't even care that he's done crack, or that he's racist or homophobic. He has saved them $60 a year on their cars, so they think he's amazing. :rolleyes:

I was planning on voting for John Tory, but after this debate I'm leaning toward Chow now. I just wish she had a better transit plan.

The Fords would prefer to lose to Chow than to anybody else; Rob has said it himself. It seems like they have a lot more respect for her than the conservatives running. Doug apparently even applauded one of Chow's lines about Tory not knowing what he's talking about at the municipal level.

Of course.

If Rob has no chance of being elected (which he doesn't), God forbid he'd bow out, thus likely helping John Tory get elected ... who'll largely continue a great deal of Rob Ford's "Stop the gravy train!" agenda.

I really hate him now.

It's personal with me.

Plus also how Rob and his entourage walked up slowly from the back of the auditorium with their big old swagger on while the other candidates were already up on stage. Very deliberate.

Yeah, the whole deliberate delaying their entrance to make it look like some Smackdown intro was ridiculous.

(And yeah, that was me. Hi!)

The theme of "trust" was mostly coming from Karen stintz, who should be the last person (other than Ford) to be asking for our trust given her pathetic history of flip flopping.

True, but in Tory's closing remarks he mentioned "who would you want as a Mayor" and they did it to him as well.

Of course.

If Rob has no chance of being elected (which he doesn't), God forbid he'd bow out, thus likely helping John Tory get elected ... who'll largely continue a great deal of Rob Ford's "Stop the gravy train!" agenda.

I really hate him now.

It's personal with me.

If Ford ever does decide to drop out, I suspect it will be a "scorched earth" sort of maneuver, with his side claiming he needs to withdraw due to the threats against him by the hate-mongering racists and gravy train riders. One final time the victim. Anything to keep the hateful and counterproductive divisions between Torontonians alive. In the end, long after he and his brother are gone, it won't be about the polls or personal challenges or anything coming within the general vicinity of self-reflection/introspection. It will be blamed without, not within. Their legacy will not be their own presence at City Hall, but rather the divisive, accusatory and cantankerous distrust of "the other side". Unfortunately for all of us this will be true no matter which "side" you're on.

If Ford ever does decide to drop out, I suspect it will be a "scorched earth" sort of maneuver, with his side claiming he needs to withdraw due to the threats against him by the hate-mongering racists and gravy train riders. One final time the victim. Anything to keep the hateful and counterproductive divisions between Torontonians alive. In the end, long after he and his brother are gone, it won't be about the polls or personal challenges or anything coming within the general vicinity of self-reflection/introspection. It will be blamed without, not within. Their legacy will not be their own presence at City Hall, but rather the divisive, accusatory and cantankerous distrust of "the other side". Unfortunately for all of us this will be true no matter which "side" you're on.

Well put. If they need type casted extras for the movie they can find them at IHTWORF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back