News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you're saying. It is really hard for me to see Mikey Ford without the Ford bias, due to his uncles.
I do believe there's some merit in the idea of 'the sins of the father shall not be visited on the sons..' and all that jazz.
But bluntly speaking, after the shenanigans of Rofo and Dofo. The Ford name brand is not exactly roses to me.
It's not fair, it's not PC, but it is there, and it happens in life.

Now I don't know Mikey Ford's, so this is pure speculation. I wonder if Mikey is more or less just being told to run for council.
It may not be his personal goals or ambition to run, might be a case of just doing what Rob and Thug is telling \ ordering him to do.

I can see your point here. I thought that the recent debates were still far too polite for politeness sake.
There were many serious questions for Rofo that were not asked.
At the same time, I also kinda think of that line of 'those who fight monsters...'
If nothing else, the Fords antics serves as an excellent example of what -not- to do.

The higher values probably does cost more.
But the methods that the Fords use, at least my own belief on it.
It likely has more hidden costs and nasty surprises.

I like to be able to sleep well at night, and I don't mean that in a philosophical way.
I mean I don't want to wake up next to a severed horse head.
Or suddenly be infested with bedbugs.

ps. That's my rant at least. I grew up in a country where people like the Fords would not be mayor.
They might make it higher on the corrupt, kleptocratic cronyism ladder of politics in my 'old country'.
With their penchant for associating with, and dealing out violence? Possibly even presidential material.

I would say going as far as typezed suggested would be inappropriate - but what's fair game to me is how his "coming" was already heralded by RoDoFo - so his own volition argument is really quite intellectually specious.

AoD

She added: “It would be up to the mayor and Councillor Ford to ensure the policy is adhered to at the event.”
</Excerpt>

....right then. Alright hens and lambs, please meet your new guard and superintendent, respectively, mr. Fox, and mr. Wolf.

Ahahaha, oh sorry for the bad joke, we all know they're not 'new' here.

I would say going as far as typezed suggested would be inappropriate - but what's fair game to me is how his "coming" was already heralded by RoDoFo - so his own volition argument is really quite intellectually specious.

AoD

I'd agree that the notion that Mikey Ford is running on his own volition is kinda...not convincing to me.

Actually, I haven't seen much example, if any, of Mikey even campaigning for council seat. It seems mostly Thug as usual hyping it up.

They must be paying people off in the parks department,as well as the police dept.

In 2013, organizers of a high school cross-country meet were forced to hastily change the race route when they were told Ford had been given a permit for the same park they had reserved months prior; city officials said they had made a simple mistake.

The city has been criticized on several other occasions for using public resources to aid the mayor.

....right then. Alright hens and lambs, please meet your new guard and superintendent, respectively, mr. Fox, and mr. Wolf.

Ahahaha, oh sorry for the bad joke, we all know they're not 'new' here.

A quick reality check:

The mayor of a city of 2.79 million people is about to have a campaign event under circumstances which contravene explicit city rules about campaigns.

Every single one of the said 2.79 million people is aware of this fact.

City cannot/will not enforce said rule, but will note the infraction in a finding published months afterwards (and carrying no penalty).

This city is not in the third world, this city is in Canada.

Carry on, then.

A quick reality check:

The mayor of a city of 2.79 million people is about to have a campaign event under circumstances which contravene explicit city rules about campaigns.

Every single one of the said 2.79 million people is aware of this fact.

City cannot/will not enforce said rule, but will note the infraction in a finding published months afterwards (and carrying no penalty).

This city is not in the third world, this city is in Canada.

Carry on, then.
Maybe if there is enough noise about it, they'll be forced to deal with the obvious breach of the rules.

It's on all of us!
Maybe if there is enough noise about it, they'll be forced to deal with the obvious breach of the rules.

Jude MacDonald @judemacdonald · 23m

Email sent to Integrity Commissioner, Parks complaints, City Manager, ccing the Ombudsman. Permit still to be approved, people. Speak out.

The way the Fords are carrying on... I feel like that time I got a gym membership.

Sure, it's illegal for them to keep billing me after I send a registered letter cancelling my service / informing them I don't want to renew.

But they'll just keep billing me. "Oh, we didn't receive the letter." "Oh, you can't cancel, you didn't give 30+1 days notice."

Bring this up with anyone and they'll assert loudly "They can't do that!" or "Cancel your credit card!" then they just send you to collections.

Who's going to stop them? They can just keep making "mistakes" and feigning ignorance as long as the consequences are nil.

I used to think the moral of the last four years was: It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. But it's worse. They don't nee, or want forgiveness.

Death by a million paper cuts.

Naw. If the spotlight wasn't on them, Diane would be gone already. In Doug's world, Diane can think she's the boss, but he's just paying lip service to her.

It's gonna be one helluva movie in about ten years........

The latest attempt to remove RFMG by Dougie was at Diane's behest.. but lets just agree to disagree on this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back