8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.

The FOI from 2013 reads:

Finally, any suggestion that Mr. Ford was acting as a private citizen and not as mayor when planning or preparing for Ford Fest is, frankly nonsensical. Mr. Ford promoted the event on his Facebook page, "Toronto Mayor Rob Ford,†and under his Twitter handle, “TOMayorFord.â€

So, if they once again publicize the "family picnic" on either of these two sites then that would be using City resources which is in violation of City of Toronto Policy on Use of City Resources during an Election

Someone's quick on Twitter:

Michael Ford @FordNephew · 1m
Remember the ol' saying! "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree my Uncle Rob need on!" ... or something like that!

Michael Ford @FordNephew · 4m
I learned civics in my Grade 10 history class two years ago and I ready to serve you!

This is the thing. A large percentage of the population of that ward has probably either already had a pothole fixed, or been personally threatened by one of the Fords by this point.

Interesting considering Thomson Park in is DeBaermaeker's Ward......Does that mean GDB is on a tightrope to a loss?

Someone's quick on Twitter:

Michael Ford @FordNephew · 1m
Remember the ol' saying! "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree my Uncle Rob need on!" ... or something like that!

Michael Ford @FordNephew · 4m
I learned civics in my Grade 10 history class two years ago and I ready to serve you!

The parodies can be so cruel. hehehe

Philosophy 101 question: Would it be ethical for other candidates to remind voters that Mikey is the son of a murderer and a heroin addicted toothbrush thief, given that the only reason he thinks he has a chance is because of who his uncles are?

I know where I stand on this question. I think it was in a Royson James column I was reading last night where the word "mudslinging" was used to describe some of the comments directed towards Ford in the debate. How can any criticism of him be over the limit, mudslinging, when the man is a criminal who cowers from any questioning and is manipulating the public with his assorted scams like fake rehab? We're unable to deal with the Fords on their level because we cling to these higher values, which we just kind of adopt without seriously considering their foundations, like they're a brand we prefer at the mall.

I don't think Andray Domise will need to resort to that tactic. He is well spoken and seemingly, very intelligent. However, how many voters will find that combination as charismatic as I do?

I don't think Andray Domise will need to resort to that tactic. He is well spoken and seemingly, very intelligent. However, how many voters will find that combination as charismatic as I do?
Something tells me Ford Nation-types in ward 2 aren't impressed by intelligence... He probably went to university. What an elitist.

Article about Scarb Ford Fest coming soon.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
@BenSpurr @goldsbie Story up soon! You may enjoy it.

Article about Scarb Ford Fest coming soon.

Daniel Dale ‏@ddale8 2m
@BenSpurr @goldsbie Story up soon! You may enjoy it.

Because if the city has learned anything about the Fords, it's that you can take their word on it.

~~~~

http://www.thestar.com/news/city_ha..._rule_against_candidate_promotion_events.html

<Excerpt>
Toronto’s government has an explicit rule: no permits will be granted to people looking to use city parks for the “use or promotion of a particular candidate†during an election period.

Rob Ford just issued the invitation for his annual Ford Fest barbecue. The location: Thomson Memorial Park in Scarborough.

City spokeswoman Jackie DeSouza said the permit has not been granted yet — but that it won’t break the rules. The explanation: the Fords did not describe Ford Fest as a political event on their application.

Rather, DeSouza said, they called it a “special event open to the public.â€

“Staff have to go by what it says on the permit application,†she said.

She added: “It would be up to the mayor and Councillor Ford to ensure the policy is adhered to at the event.â€
</Excerpt>

Shame on the city for not realising that they will turn it into a campaign event, complete with magnets and other free stuff.

Philosophy 101 question: Would it be ethical for other candidates to remind voters that Mikey is the son of a murderer and a heroin addicted toothbrush thief, given that the only reason he thinks he has a chance is because of who his uncles are?

I hear what you're saying. It is really hard for me to see Mikey Ford without the Ford bias, due to his uncles.
I do believe there's some merit in the idea of 'the sins of the father shall not be visited on the sons..' and all that jazz.
But bluntly speaking, after the shenanigans of Rofo and Dofo. The Ford name brand is not exactly roses to me.
It's not fair, it's not PC, but it is there, and it happens in life.

Now I don't know Mikey Ford's, so this is pure speculation. I wonder if Mikey is more or less just being told to run for council.
It may not be his personal goals or ambition to run, might be a case of just doing what Rob and Thug is telling \ ordering him to do.

I know where I stand on this question. I think it was in a Royson James column I was reading last night where the word "mudslinging" was used to describe some of the comments directed towards Ford in the debate. How can any criticism of him be over the limit, mudslinging, when the man is a criminal who cowers from any questioning and is manipulating the public with his assorted scams like fake rehab? We're unable to deal with the Fords on their level because we cling to these higher values, which we just kind of adopt without seriously considering their foundations, like they're a brand we prefer at the mall.

I can see your point here. I thought that the recent debates were still far too polite for politeness sake.
There were many serious questions for Rofo that were not asked.
At the same time, I also kinda think of that line of 'those who fight monsters...'
If nothing else, the Fords antics serves as an excellent example of what -not- to do.

The higher values probably does cost more.
But the methods that the Fords use, at least my own belief on it.
It likely has more hidden costs and nasty surprises.

I like to be able to sleep well at night, and I don't mean that in a philosophical way.
I mean I don't want to wake up next to a severed horse head.
Or suddenly be infested with bedbugs.

ps. That's my rant at least. I grew up in a country where people like the Fords would not be mayor.
They might make it higher on the corrupt, kleptocratic cronyism ladder of politics in my 'old country'.
With their penchant for associating with, and dealing out violence? Possibly even presidential material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back