News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Emperor has No Clothes story is playing out.

And I hope the pressure continues on Rofo and Thug. If there was a time where RoFo was genuine about wanting to stop the waste and incompetence, and respecting the taxpayer. It's long gone. If it existed at all.
On a personal note, I'd like to thank you sweetlou for holding that 'Why won't you talk to Dt. Giroux' sign. Sometimes it's not just about the numbers alone, but the timing.

re: Mikey Ford for council seat. His youth alone doesn't bother me much. His inexperience and strange silence does. I don't necessarily need to see a long list of credentials, I've seen plenty of book smart but out of touch, degree-d idiots. Ignatieff comes to mind. And Tim 'million jobs plan!' Hudak. I mean I'm not voting for Morgan Baskin for mayor, but I admire her chutzpah at least. Her platform doesn't provide much detail and is mostly youthful idealism. But I get the sense she wants the job for the right reasons. Heck I think she might have potential as a councilor. She might be better than someone like Mammoliti at least.

But yeah, Michael Ford, he seems to have the demeanor of someone who got dragged into a mandatory family function. Maybe he is an otherwise nice guy who's just doing what uncle Rob and Thug tells him to do.
But I think I already had my fill of someone named Ford who doesn't really want to do the job. Andray Domise looks like an impressive candidate. Hope he wins and delivers. Etobicoke (and Toronto ) can probably use a break after the wise and benevolent reign of councilor\co-mayor Doug.

The woman who was on vacation when she won was at least apologetic about it and vowed to get up the learning curve fast. MiFo is being presented as a viable candidate - she thought she was being a placeholder so the NDP could say they ran in every riding. Not exactly the same, but I sure wouldn't want to live in her riding, or ward 2 if MiFo wins.

Serious question: would Mikey really be any worse or do any less than his familial predecessors? I bet he can yell at potholes with the best of them lol.

I was flipping channels earlier, and passed by CP24 just as they flashed some bullshit headline about Ford "greeting his fans" at the Honda Indy. Not a hint about the copious amount of boos he received. Grrr.

I see no problem with a 20-year-old being a councillor. They'd be 24 by the time their term ends. That can be an impressive dynamic period of life for some people, especially high achievers. And achievement isn't always measured in the right degree from the right school. The job requires people who will make a conscientious effort to understand the issues and use good judgement. It doesn't really require a restriction to nothing but Harvard educated lawyers. Mikey could probably fill the role of his uncles, since matching their performance means not reading the reports, disparaging the efforts of others and voting against everything. Toronto council skews too old now with people like Holyday, del Grande, Cho, Moeser, Nunziata, Kelly (who redeemed himself somewhat as an alternative to Ford but before then was mostly sleepwalking through council). Just as it could benefit from a few more female voices, or more visible minority voices, it could benefit from a couple youthful voices. The right person could do the job as well at 23 as at 29.

The problem with this particular mopey looking doughboy kid is that he is a possibility for actually being elected only because of his name and family connections. And this is a problem that goes far beyond the Fords. Just as it's troubling with Mikey, it should have been seen as a problem with Mike Layton (who seems to be an okay councillor nonetheless), Michelle Berardinetti, Josh Colle and many others from elections before.

And I hope the pressure continues on Rofo and Thug. If there was a time where RoFo was genuine about wanting to stop the waste and incompetence, and respecting the taxpayer. It's long gone. If it existed at all.
On a personal note, I'd like to thank you sweetlou for holding that 'Why won't you talk to Dt. Giroux' sign. Sometimes it's not just about the numbers alone, but the timing.

re: Mikey Ford for council seat. His youth alone doesn't bother me much. His inexperience and strange silence does. I don't necessarily need to see a long list of credentials, I've seen plenty of book smart but out of touch, degree-d idiots. Ignatieff comes to mind. And Tim 'million jobs plan!' Hudak. I mean I'm not voting for Morgan Baskin for mayor, but I admire her chutzpah at least. Her platform doesn't provide much detail and is mostly youthful idealism. But I get the sense she wants the job for the right reasons. Heck I think she might have potential as a councilor. She might be better than someone like Mammoliti at least.

But yeah, Michael Ford, he seems to have the demeanor of someone who got dragged into a mandatory family function. Maybe he is an otherwise nice guy who's just doing what uncle Rob and Thug tells him to do.
But I think I already had my fill of someone named Ford who doesn't really want to do the job. Andray Domise looks like an impressive candidate. Hope he wins and delivers. Etobicoke (and Toronto ) can probably use a break after the wise and benevolent reign of councilor\co-mayor Doug.

If you want to do something meaningful Send Andre $50 - after rebate it will only cost you $12.

Serious question: would Mikey really be any worse or do any less than his familial predecessors? I bet he can yell at potholes with the best of them lol.

My guess is that he'll try to do well, if he wins. Aside from a few family-scripted speeches, he'll spend most of his time returning phone calls. Given his youth and apparent lack of ideas (based on his silence and zero personality so far), I reckon he'll be an "empty chair" at council. But if he wins, it will be interesting to see how he evolves if other councillors act as mentors and encourage him to think for himself

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back