News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you spend 20 years with one last name, then suddenly you have to change every piece of identification you own (OHIP, Driver's License, credit cards, passport, etc. etc.) just because your uncles want you to run for a position you probably have no intention of pursuing. Nice.

Is it possible he's been using Ford as his surname without having it as such officially/legally? I have friends who've chosen a "Canadian" name to use rather than their given name (at least one is not a legal name change like those shown on the above linked list), also friends who've gotten married who use both their maiden name and married name, depending on the situation. It looks like Mikey had Ford in his name already.

i think that he has called himself Ford for some time, such that the question is why he needed, or if did not need wanted, to change his legal name to Ford recently.

(Just wondering, without researching - does a candidate have to prove his or her legal name when registering to run? could he get his MD Ford vanity plate without proof of his legal name? And of course he might of done it just to show how much he appreciates having been bought and paid for by Unca Doug.)

Miley would just have to of make the name change "public", like in a newspaper, and inform the proper agencies link CRA. I don't know the time requirements for changing your name. Once done it is his legal name, and there is no need to give his birth name.

Still sleazy though, no?[\QUOTE]

Oh yes - but it does not make a non-CPL program licence from the school illegitimate. The report you quoted does not suggest that the school is unable to teach on a non-CPL basis - I.e., it does not seem to be the flight school equivalent of 'fauxhab', as some here seem to be suggesting.

And I'm guessing the odds are about nil that Mikey actually has a CPL?

Vocational schools teach courses specifically for careers in their training. So one is for pleasure and the other is for commercial certification.

Yes, I know. My point was that the story is that they were falsely claiming vocational flight school status, not falsely claiming to be a flight school as the poster seemed to suggest.

oh, me too - we're in agreement here! i understand that the people issuing the permit are just civil servants doing their job, but i wonder if they're considering how many people will see their decision and just say "screw it - there's a clear double-standard and the rules don't apply to some people." it's this kind of thing that really kills voter turnout and general civic engagement.

I got the reply letter as well. I understand their position, but it's still B.S. RoDoFo might be rotten red apples, but they're not the root of the problem. A quaintly naive honor system with no teeth, might be a problem.
If the system continues as is, I'd expect more turds to blossom in the future.

It's sounding more and more base on folks I talk to like Kathy might've set up Rob with the second crack video in exchange for cash. She might've done it out of spite for Doug etc cutting off her legal aid. I also suspect MacIntyre might have helped her. Thus the reason he agreed to be interviewed for the Globes story.

My understanding is that float plane certification is typically not offered by regular flying schools. And that float plane instruction is offered by some fairly sketchy types. To be fair, Mikey might have got his PPL somewhere decent.

Miley would just have to of make the name change "public", like in a newspaper, and inform the proper agencies link CRA. I don't know the time requirements for changing your name. Once done it is his legal name, and there is no need to give his birth name.

Under Ontario law, a person's birth name (by which is meant the name given when his or her birth is registered) is the person's legal name until such time as he or she changes it using the process provided for in the Change of Name Act. A person can use an assumed name, or nickname, in many circumstances, but in cases where the person is required to give his or her legal name only the legal name will do. It is not at all the case that one could satisfy this requirement merely by publicizing the fact that one's legal name had changed, and in many instances it is not enough even to send a notice - rather, one must submit proof of the change (such as a certified copy of order made under the Change of Name Act: an example of this is when one applies to get or renew a passport after having changed one's legal name com one's birth name to something else).

It's sounding more and more base on folks I talk to like Kathy might've set up Rob with the second crack video in exchange for cash. She might've done it out of spite for Doug etc cutting off her legal aid. I also suspect MacIntyre might have helped her. Thus the reason he agreed to be interviewed for the Globes story.

Cash from...?

It's been a bit of divisive issue, but more of the Admin/Mods felt it was better as one giant thread, even though its somewhat harder to moderate because of its size. Personally, I think it's fairly legendary in Toronto political circles and is just better as one whole thread in terms of people finding and referencing it.
especially vis-a-vis traffic for the click through advertising banners, n'est pas?

Not criticizing; applauding. Forums are a lot of work, it's a challenge to monetize them enough to even pay their expenses.

i think that he has called himself Ford for some time, such that the question is why he needed, or if did not need wanted, to change his legal name to Ford recently.

Without changing his name legally, the ballot would read "Michael Stirpe" or some variation with his middle names included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back