News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd also wonder if there's any gossip or murmurs up the pike from those who went to school with Mikey--unless he was *that* meek and anonymous, that is.

And another thing I've been whimsically mulling: given how backfiring-prone the Ford Nation machine's been this year, I wouldn't be surprised if this year's Ford Fest gets hit by a cronut-burger-esque food poisoning outbreak--now, *that'd* throw one heck of a monkey wrench into the works.

Hate to admit it but daughter and boyfriend went to the Ford's for pre-prom a couple of years ago. I am told that Mikey was always known as Ford, that he has always had an interest in politics and flying and that he is a nice guy. When I asked about how he rates on the Ford intelligence scale, I am told he falls in line with the general Ford level of intellect. That's all I could get from the tired soul lol.

Oh, I'd say it's fair, especially when there's no news and things get really goofy. This thread has its high moments and some fun times. It also has it's share of dreck (and double standards.). I don't mind, though. It's the Internet. On the other hand, navneet fails to rise above and concludes that all Ford critics are all the same, before trailing off into some faux Pomo/cyberpunk nonsense. Looks like he/she knows what a metaphor is, though. Anyone running in Ward 2?

Yeah, that "We're all becoming cyborgs" thing probably seems brilliant to someone in first year university, but it's pretty hackneyed here in the real world. Points for figuring out a way to connect it to Rob Ford, I guess. Maybe the writer had two half-baked, half-finished essays sitting around and this was their novel solution to a looming deadline.

Yeah, that "We're all becoming cyborgs" thing probably seems brilliant to someone in first year university, but it's pretty hackneyed here in the real world. Points for figuring out a way to connect it to Rob Ford, I guess. Maybe the writer had two half-baked, half-finished essays sitting around and this was their novel solution to a looming deadline.

One thing that can truly be said of Toronto (and most municipal gov'ts) is there seems to be a plethora of civic leaders and prospective candidates up for the honour of village idiot. Between ROFODOFO MIFO, DMW, Mammo, Nunziata et al, it is difficult to choose an outright victor for this esteemed position. I propose One-on-one in-depth interviews with Brian Williams or Anderson Cooper or a completely unknown journalist that owns a full set. Strap them all into lie-detecting loungers and crank up the juice for prevarication.

If this hasn't been posted, it should, for UT's starring role in it...

http://www.randomhouse.ca/hazlitt/blog/what-rob-ford-and-his-critics-have-common

The person who wrote that is not very bright and must be awful to be around.

This forum has kept me sane and is one of the reasons why I did not move out of Toronto last year. It has given us plenty of insights, laughs, and healthy (and often surprisingly refined) entertainment during Toronto's own Great Darkness.

Rob Ford should have lost any ability to represent this city long ago, and this forum is one of the only 'places' out there where people overwhelmingly called this... even before his election!

Arguing Urban Toronto and Ford Nation are alike is like arguing that biologists and creationists are alike... it's true only if you completely ignore everything about the issue at hand, and reduce the whole thing to two sides having an argument. Hardly a useful insight.

Robbie should really try to financially grasp the realities of operating a business.

Mayor, TTC at odds over tunnel boring machines

“Obviously, I think we should keep them, that’s my opinion because we want to build subways,†Ford said Tuesday. “I’ll listen to what Andy has to say but I think we should keep them and, obviously, get Sheppard done, get Finch done, get the (downtown relief line) done.â€

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/07/22/92m-sale-of-ttc-tunnel-boring-machines-falls-through

Either Mikey Ford is the most inarticulate of the Fords or there is a far more nefarious reason that Uncle Doug is putting a proverbial ball gag on the kid.
How is he able to tell the media that Mike Ford won't be doing any interviews? Is Mike not an adult who can make these decisions on his own? That alone would make me not want to vote for him. It's childish.

How is he able to tell the media that Mike Ford won't be doing any interviews? Is Mike not an adult who can make these decisions on his own? That alone would make me not want to vote for him. It's childish.

bingo. and it cuts the legs out from under everyone who says that mike is his own man, and deserves a chance to be heard on his own merits.

The person who wrote that is not very bright and must be awful to be around.

This forum has kept me sane and is one of the reasons why I did not move out of Toronto last year. It has given us plenty of insights, laughs, and healthy (and often surprisingly refined) entertainment during Toronto's own Great Darkness.

Rob Ford should have lost any ability to represent this city long ago, and this forum is one of the only 'places' out there where people overwhelmingly called this... even before his election!

Arguing Urban Toronto and Ford Nation are alike is like arguing that biologists and creationists are alike... it's true only if you completely ignore everything about the issue at hand, and reduce the whole thing to two sides having an argument. Hardly a useful insight.

+1!

New Forum poll puts Tory, Chow and Ford in a three way tie - give me a break. What happened to the poll from last week?

From today's Globe & Mail:

Ford Fest gets approval to use Scarborough park — but free booze and campaigning are out this time

There will be no free booze this year and if the City has its way, no campaigning either, but Ford Fest, the annual gathering of Ford family supporters, will go on as planned this Friday.

The City of Toronto on Tuesday issued a permit to the Fords to hold the event in Thomson Memorial Park in Scarborough, after city staff met with the mayor’s office to go over what would or would not be acceptable at the fair.

“A letter was also provided along with a copy of the applicable policies,” city spokesperson Jackie DeSouza wrote in an email. “Parks supervisors and bylaw enforcement officers will be onsite at the event.”

City bylaws prohibit campaign events in municipal parks during election years. But DeSouza said it is up to the Fords, not the City itself, to make sure those rules are followed.

“City staff can only make decisions based on what is provided on the permit application,” she wrote.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back