News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike you, Alvin, I had far better things to do than beat a dead horse.

As far as I'm concerned Rob Ford the politician died many months ago, after the facts surrounding the video were confirmed. I lost interest in the story shortly thereafter. But a tumor is a different story. Hope it turns out to be benign. Nothing further from me except,

Interesting, this thread is a dead horse and it is Rob Ford the politician - didn't stop you from dropping by at the most opportune time. Let's not even mention the "facts" around the video you never ended up seeing in any case.

As to the nothing except - I think we have heard that before. The moving goalposts, that.

AoD

Last edited:
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2014/09/10/rob_ford_has_a_tumor_says_humber_river_hospital.html

The Ford brothers were eating breakfast together this morning at Perkins restaurant in Etobicoke when the mayor complained about stomach pains, said Doug, the elder Ford. At the hospital, several security guards blocked access to hallways and were being instructed not to allow anyone upstairs.

Provincial employees again on special duty? Hospitals are provincial jurisdiction. No?

Broken bone in his foot, eh?

Joe is right - the media didn't ask enough questions about the broken foot.

Joe knows all. the media didn't show compassion but when Josh Matlow rose above the fray to say, politics aside, he hopes Ford is OK, Warmington went on CP24 and said he should shut his hypocritical mouth. From his pathetically juvenile writing style to his utter hypocrisy and shamelessness to his total lack of journalistic ethics, I can't think of a single thing that's less-than-horrible about Warmington.

Like, "It looked to me that Doug Ford had tears in his eyes." First, that's not English. Second, now he's saying the Media Party made Doug cry?
And this is a use of quotes I'd question if I saw it from a junior high student: Councillor Ford asked the press to “leave” his family “alone” to sort it out before dealing with what’s going to happen with the election campaign.
Two uses of "battle" in one sentence = needs an editor: He’s been battling cancer himself and Mayor Ford visited him regularly in the hospital even when he was embattled this summer.

I would only agree that, listening to it, it was clear the entire story was "We found a tumor and don't know the deal yet," and the reporters were trying to scrape together any more info they could, asking stupid questions about what happens next etc. It was stupid and insensitive to ask if he's dropping out of the campaign when he doesn't know if it's a benign tumor that can wait or something that will require months of chemo. Obviously.

But the Fords have themselves invited so much skepticism, I don't think that's a sign of a lack of compassion. The people who said all the media here are the most biased in the world etc. etc. might want to not cast the first stone there...(and calling them the "Media Party" is just soooo Fox News 2010, man).

To whit: The truth is the Fords were under no obligation to have this news conference and only did it because they knew the rumours on social media would conjure up images of a relapse of addictions or God knows what.

And whose fault is that, Joe? you don't need an omnipotent deity to guess what people would CONJURE UP about a guy already known to have done hard drugs, associated with gangs etc. etc. etc. etc. This just classic "Boy Who Cried Wolf," stuff and, OK, maybe it will turn out this time there REALLY is a wolf and everyone is being "unfair," but then that's kind of the point of the whole story, isn't it?

Last edited:
Interesting, this thread is a dead horse and it is Rob Ford the politician - didn't stop you from dropping by at the most opportune time. Let's not even mention the "facts" around the video you never ended up seeing in any case.

As to the nothing except - I think we have heard that before. The moving goalposts, that
AoD

Did this guy vote for Ford in 2010?

Another gem from the Wormington article:

"The real irony of this is Mayor Ford himself is compassionate about people are down on their health. His media assistant Amin Massoudi will tell you that. He’s been battling cancer himself and Mayor Ford visited him regularly in the hospital even when he was embattled this summer".

Am I right to understand that Ford left rehab to 'regularly' visit Amin in the hospital?

I had always assumed that Amin was local to Toronto & was recovering from his illness here in TO as well.

"Anything we can do for you, Rob?"
"Y'know, I can handle this. I'm as strong as a horse. But it'd sure help the pain if you voted for my brother Doug for Mayor. Since I'm stuck here in the hospital. In pain."

You are the Mayor of Toronto. If you had what you thought was a pressing health issue - would you not got to TGH and the University Health Network to get the absolute best care available in the province??? Now hearing it might be a "Cancerous" issue - would you not want access to Princess Margret Hospital???

1. If he was eating at Perkins then Humber is the closest hospital, and if he didn't know he had a tumour he wouldn't think to go to a cancer hospital
2. Humber is run by the best cancer surgeon in the country (and who just happens to be good friends of the FoFAm)

Ford visited Massoudi in the hospital this summer? Really then.
Rob was running around on a playground with a broken foot? Really then.

I like the implication at the end that even Joe isn't buying it "or is it just a good story?" 'Nah, I'm not that mean but I just had to say it'. He's an ass.

It's not really a surprise anymore, but I'm struck by how much gold there is in Sun comments on Warmo columns, e.g.,

Look Joe, just because you are so far up his *** that you can almost taste his tumour, doesn't mean the rest of us have to go there. Sure, I have absolutely no respect for the man ( he doesn't deserve any). At the same time, I hope he gets better. And most of us with any modicum of compassion would share that sentiment.

1. If he was eating at Perkins then Humber is the closest hospital, and if he didn't know he had a tumour he wouldn't think to go to a cancer hospital
2. Humber is run by the best cancer surgeon in the country (and who just happens to be good friends of the FoFAm)

I would go to Princess Margret instead of an Administrator - but that just my own experience. Admins might run a hospital but they have little time to actually practice. I'd never go to Humber for treatment - nor do they raise money with their own record setting lottery. Your own opinion.

Any bets he drops out and endorses Chow so his family "teaches Tory a Lesson"?

Funnier further - out of ethics - Chow drops out and allows Tory to be acclaimed?

Chow would do that - absolutely.

Tory wouldn't be acclaimed given there are 50 other mayoral candidates.

As for chow dropping out, I wonder if there's actually something to that. Seems she was going to have a press conference in the morning which she has now put off until FoFam gives further info on Rub's Meryl status.

I would go to Princess Margret instead of an Administrator - but that just my own experience. Admins might run a hospital but they have little time to actually practice. I'd never go to Humber for treatment - nor do they raise money with their own record setting lottery. Your own opinion.

1. You wouldn't go to PM if you didn't know you had a tumour
2. He is the best because Ford says he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back