News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say so. I never had sympathy for the guy in the first place, but I did feel he deserved to be left alone for treatment. But the extremes these fuckheads will go to game the system is outright disgusting. Bring it on. And don't stop.

I wonder how many people are disgusted with the Ford's for playing them and how that would translate into votes.

Delurking to say that I feel badly for Andray Domise and the sane people that would have voted for him in Ward 2 - he would have been a real breath of fresh air compared to the corrupt shitpile that is the Ford family. As it stands now he has even less chance than before.

I would hope that Tory and Chow would send some of their volunteers to Ward 2 to do everything that is humanly possible to make sure Andray wins.

Delurking to say that I feel badly for Andray Domise and the sane people that would have voted for him in Ward 2 - he would have been a real breath of fresh air compared to the corrupt shitpile that is the Ford family. As it stands now he has even less chance than before.

You're very right... He is unfortunately the main victim of the Ford's manipulation of this entire campaign. I would imagine this will discourage excellent candidates from running in the future.

I wonder how many people are disgusted with the Ford's for playing them and how that would translate into votes.
They won't think they've been played. It's all about Rob's health, and Rob is actually thinking about the best thing for the city. As for Doug, hahahahahahahahahahaha......

I wonder if one of the first items tabled by the Wynne Liberals on October 20th will be the Ranked Balloting legislation...

In the unlikely event that Doug wins:
- Doug brings in Rob as Deputy mayor. Triggers by-election, Mikey takes over Ward 2.
- Doug has something come up in which he must step down, or is otherwise unable to fulfill his duties as mayor.
- Rob is mayor in his absence, and it gets drawn out until the next election (so that there's no need for a by-election)

We've Been Had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoBGqLt96Pg

We've been had, you say it's over
Sometimes I'm just happy I'm older
We've been had I know it's over
Somehow it got easy to laugh out loud

I thought that'd be the Uncle Tupelo song of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b6A9yzJP20

Just read his statement, which Dale tweeted out and his logic is still stunning. He admits he can't handle the workload of mayor and wants to concentrate on his health but doesn't want to let the people of Ward 2 down. What does that mean? What if you have to do months of chemo and radiation? How do you know now what workload you can handle? And wasn't Mikey there to lock down Ward 2 for you? Just BS.

EDIT - Torontoist has the statement up now:
http://torontoist.com/2014/09/statement-from-rob-ford-on-withdrawal-from-mayoral-race/

As many of you know I’ve been dealing with a serious medical issue, the details of which are unknown. But I know that with the love and support of my family, I will get through this.

I want to thank the residents of Toronto for your wishes and prayers and I also want to thank the amazing staff at Humber River Hospital and Mount Sinai Hospital for the care and compassion you have shown, not just me, but all the people who come here to get better.

People know me as a guy who faces things head on and never gives up, and as your Mayor I have done just that. I derailed the gravy train, cut unnecessary spending and made government more accountable. I did this by facing these challenges head on.

Now I could be facing a battle of my lifetime, and I want the people of Toronto to know that I intend to face this challenge head on, and win.

With the advice of my family and doctors I know I need to focus on getting better. There is much work to be done and I can’t give it my all at this point in time.

My heart is heavy when I tell you that I’m unable to continue my campaign for re-election as your Mayor.

While I’m unable to commit to the heavy schedule required for a Mayoral candidate I will not turn my back on Ward 2. I will be running as Councillor of Ward 2, to represent the fine folks that have become my neighbours and friends over these past 14 years.

Four years ago we made history. With your help we started a movement that would take back our city.

I was not alone in this, my big brother Doug was by my side, sharing my vision, fighting for the great people of Toronto. I never could have accomplished what we did without him.

Doug loves our city as much as I do. He believes that standing up for the average person and watching the bottom line are what matters most at City Hall.

Doug also believes in standing up for his family no matter what. His loyalty and willingness to be there for anyone, anytime is just who he is.

I’ve asked Doug to finish what we started together, so that all we’ve accomplished isn’t washed away.

I have asked Doug to run to become the next Mayor of Toronto, because we need him. We cannot go backwards.

I love our city and I love being your Mayor. It has been an honour and a privilege to serve you.

For the past four years I have gotten up everyday thinking about our great city and how to make life just a little bit better for each of you.

To anyone facing a serious health challenge, I wish you strength and courage on your journey, you are not alone.

Hope is a powerful thing. With hope, support and determination I know I will beat this, not just for my family, but for YOU, Toronto.

My family and I thank you for your continued support and prayers. God bless.

—Rob Ford

A lot of people won't see it that way. They won't put the dots together.

Especially not Ford Nation.

betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 40s
Ward Two candidate Andray Domise says Rob Ford can't be running an election campaign from a hospital bed. Ford on ballot to reclaim ward 2

betsy powell ‏@powellbetsy 17s
"It doesn't matter who the opponent us the issues are the same," says Domise adding Ward Two needs new leadership at city hall

Last edited:
TugBobble.jpg

Attachments

• TugBobble.jpg
    TugBobble.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 750
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back