8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat 39m
Doug Ford campaign spokesman confirms to me that Doug Ford will not be at tonight's mayoral candidates' debate #TOpoli

And so it begins...

Sounds like it's an important point that the papers have interpreted differently. Some say it's a completely separate tumour, while others say it's part of the first.
The doctor said it was part of the first. I'm believing him over a reporter's report.

I know this is mean already but this all sounds like A South Park episode "Cartman gets fat cancer. In his ass."

It might be considered mean, but still funny, if this was happening to just about anyone else. However, not this self entitled, self indulgent, self centred mean spirited oaf. Your comment is just funny, in this instance.

After the doctor's briefing, in our household, it was summed it up as "So he has fat cancer. Started in his belly, spread to his ass. Better check between his ears if they haven't already." Yeah, not charitable at all but it's RoFo. No one deserves cancer, or anything like, but he has surely earned his share of enmity.

Attachments

• Rose+and+the+drugged+Charlie+Harper.jpg
    Rose+and+the+drugged+Charlie+Harper.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 627
Somebody mentioned the tale of the scorpion and the frog, up thread, this reminds me of the last line of that story, when the scorpion stings the frog, the frog asks why, the scorpion says basically "I gotta to be me." Rob will use again.

Probably, but it'd be an honourable way to go out if he became a credible anti-drugs, anti-cancer advocate. Though I'm not so sure charity orgs would want to work with him.

Somebody mentioned the tale of the scorpion and the frog, up thread, this reminds me of the last line of that story, when the scorpion stings the frog, the frog asks why, the scorpion says basically "I gotta to be me." Rob will use again.

I wouldn't be as definitive (the "it's his nature" argument is not very satisfying) - but one really haven't seen any movement towards recognizing that the BS politics, posturing and using isn't helping his journey to recovery. It's always double-down, fluster, demonize. So long as that continues to happen, good luck with him trying to deal with his own issues.

Probably, but it'd be an honourable way to go out if he became a credible anti-drugs, anti-cancer advocate. Though I'm not so sure charity orgs would want to work with him.

The first question I have in mind would be - is it about him/his family or is it about the cause. If his idea of raising money is selling dubious election toys/t-shirts that's about furthering his family's agenda, I don't think anyone would want to get too close to that. There are less notorious/more effective choices for raising profile to these issues without patently transparent political overtones and motivations.

AoD

Last edited:
For all of the hyperbole about Rob being a fighter, I can't imagine he is dealing with this well at all. He's spent years cultivating a teenage sense of denial and invincibility. His main method of dealing with unpleasantness is bluster and escapism.

Despite his apparent sudden transformation into Saint Robbicus of Torontonia, he is not likely to sprout healthy coping mechanisms. His family, who believe Rob goes crazy twiddling his thumbs when he isn't the mayor, isn't helping things by encouraging him to stay in the race. How about giving the monkey a break? It's likely that he will be returning to old vices, such as alcohol and binge eating, so long as he is feeling physically up to it.

Donovan tweeted this morning that the ITO info will be looked at by Nordheimer tomorrow so it's full steam ahead.

If Rob Ford wants honourable exit from politics, he can start by resigning full stop, no strings attached and no cutesy seat switcheroo. As for credibility, Rob is starting from less than zero IMO.

AlvinofDiaspar said:
I wouldn't be as definitive (the "it's his nature" argument is not very satisfying) -

While I would not go as far as saying Rob was born a bad egg. And FWIW I believe everyone is created equally, though certainly not the circumstances they're raised in. But I'd say his history has become his second nature. If I see someone lying 999 times, can you really blame me for being heartless if I predict that the 1000th time that person would lie again? I'm not perfect after all.

AlvinofDiaspar said:
but one really haven't seen any movement towards recognizing that the BS politics, posturing and using isn't helping his journey to recovery. It's always double-down, fluster, demonize. So long as that continues to happen, good luck with him trying to deal with his own issues.

That is exactly it. This is the n-th time that Fofam has doubled down, fluster and demonize. And they have become exceedingly efficient at it.

BTW, has the Escalade tweeted anything lately about plans or appointments made for its conversion into a coal-roller?

I think the 'Lade may be parked for a while, L-D, but we now have messages from Doug's Lincoln to look forward to.

https://twitter.com/DoFoNavigator

"Just a simple Lincoln Navigator suddenly thrust into the limelight"

Speaking of potholes, I remember some of the worst being on Post Rd and The Bridle Path. My understanding was that the homeowners liked it that way because they discouraged commuters from using their streets.

It's likely that he will be returning to old vices, such as alcohol and binge eating, so long as he is feeling physically up to it.

I kinda wouldn't expect him to be drinking or drugging for the foreseeable future. Cohen said his chemo program will have to be quite heavy to treat this form of cancer, then he'll have surgery and recovery and who knows what else. I figure he'll be feeling way too rough to do anything illegal. Prescription pain meds, on the other hand...

People are talking about his chances. If the idea is to use chemo to shrink the tumours to the point that they're operable, then the surgery is meant to remove 100% of the cancer, I figure his chances are hurt greatly by his obesity, which complicates virtually any surgery.

For all of the hyperbole about Rob being a fighter, I can't imagine he is dealing with this well at all. He's spent years cultivating a teenage sense of denial and invincibility. His main method of dealing with unpleasantness is bluster and escapism.

Despite his apparent sudden transformation into Saint Robbicus of Torontonia, he is not likely to sprout healthy coping mechanisms. His family, who believe Rob goes crazy twiddling his thumbs when he isn't the mayor, isn't helping things by encouraging him to stay in the race. How about giving the monkey a break? It's likely that he will be returning to old vices, such as alcohol and binge eating, so long as he is feeling physically up to it.

My thoughts exackerly. Chemo is hard and Rob has lousy coping skills.

Not that it's a major issue at this point but I have to point something out. I remember hearing about the tumour being removed from the appendix and, at the time, thinking who expects me to believe that a surgeon would do that? Hopefully, we can remove the tumour and we'll be able to save the appendix? Any surgeon would surely just cut the entire rig out. Basic rules apply: If it smells like bullshit it's extremely likely that's exactly what it is.

Joe Warmington

TORONTO -- While people around the world were watching, so was Mayor Rob Ford.

From his hospital bed.

While Dr. Zane Cohen was detailing the mayor's health crisis to the media, Ford was in his 14th-floor room in Mount Sinai with the TV on.

"He did have it on," said his nephew, Mikey Ford. "He was taking it all in but not saying much."

It was a lot to take in.

And what is there to say?

The mayor has cancer. The doctor said he needs two bouts of chemotherapy before the mayor's medical team considers the prospect of surgery.

That was the bad news.

The better news is there is hope. This was a welcome development because ever since word came down that the mayor was in hospital, the feeling has not been positive.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/09/17/21948851.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back