News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what Cohen means is that the second tumour grew from primary tumour cells that migrated to a new site. So yes, it's a mets. But my wife (a past cancer patient) tells me this can be a localized event - that involvement of lymph nodes is not systemic and the cancer cells are not travelling around the whole body. I don't know where this fits on the Duke ranking of stages, but I think the difference between stage 3 and stage 4 has to do with the level lymphatic (is that the right word?) engagement. I could be wrong, though.

As the cancer has advanced from the primary site to a second site, this is considered stage 4 - it can also be called advanced or metastatic cancer. Stage 2/3 is cancers or tumors that are larger in size, have grown more deeply into nearby tissue, and have spread to lymph nodes, but not to other parts of the body.

Disagree with some of this: Moeser clearly wasn't serving his ward during prolonged absences. In a situation like this, you step down and let someone else do the job. Moeser and Mammo aren't role models for how St Rob should behave. He should step down, absolutely.

Agreed on looking forward to the next ITO.

Well, every employer can claim "Employee X is not serving our customers (here at Walmart, Tim Horton's, Rogers, etc.) while s/he is sick." Those businesses can bring in a temp replacement worker while still paying the original employee whatever long-term disability they're entitled to and not just sacking them -- though I'm sure they would prefer to just get rid of them, as it would be much cheaper. With an elected position you can't really bring in a contract worker or temp.

I'm not sure I like where this is heading... U.S.-style "get sick and lose your job" type of stuff. Just be careful what you wish for: the Ford family might be rich enough to not really need the paycheque and benefits of Rob's current position, but you can't say that of every councillor/mayor.

Gee... Dougie's web site is back up:

http://dougford.ca/

Thank God. I wasn't sure how to deal with the 2013 ice storm but I see he now has information for us.

when I first clicked that link (from Dale's link on Twitter), it had a "FordMayor" logo on it and said info was coming soon and seemed to be a camping site. Then hours later, it comes up as his old councillor site. :confused:

Saint RoFo

Just listening to Metro Morning on CBC Radio and the only thing that comes to mind is the phrase, "The devil was sick, the Devil a saint would be."

Well, every employer can claim "Employee X is not serving our customers (here at Walmart, Tim Horton's, Rogers, etc.) while s/he is sick." Those businesses can bring in a temp replacement worker while still paying the original employee whatever long-term disability they're entitled to and not just sacking them -- though I'm sure they would prefer to just get rid of them, as it would be much cheaper. With an elected position you can't really bring in a contract worker or temp.

I'm not sure I like where this is heading... U.S.-style "get sick and lose your job" type of stuff. Just be careful what you wish for: the Ford family might be rich enough to not really need the paycheque and benefits of Rob's current position, but you can't say that of every councillor/mayor.

What is Doug then?

And the crazy Ford story continues. You couldn't write a story like this.
A friend of mine has been ill and somewhat cut off from the world, as happens with serious illness. She began catching up with current events yesterday and asked me what was going on with Rob Ford. She thought I was making things up or her meds we're giving her comprehension problems.

Here's a thought. It's likely that Ford and family knew about the multiple tumors from CT and MRI scans. It also stands to reason that doctors may not have known it was fat cancer until the biopsy results came back not long before they made the announcement. It's such a rare form of cancer it might not have even been on the doctors' radar.

So, maybe it's not so crazy they thought the worst. Tumors in different parts of the body would normally indicate cancer that has metastasized. Could be why Jimmi was also hearing that they thought it was terminal.

Here's a thought. It's likely that Ford and family knew about the multiple tumors from CT and MRI scans. It also stands to reason that doctors may not have known it was fat cancer until the biopsy results came back not long before they made the announcement. It's such a rare form of cancer it might not have even been on the doctors' radar.

So, maybe it's not so crazy they thought the worst. Tumors in different parts of the body would normally indicate cancer that has metastasized. Could be why Jimmi was also hearing that they thought it was terminal.

From what I've heard since his case is advanced it is terminal. He likely has five to 10 years tops by the sound of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back