8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
So Rob has cancer things look grim and he's getting chemotherapy and we'll see where the chips fall.

More critically, what will we learn in the next ITO?

The fact that Rob Ford has cancer does not change the fact the he's involved in criminal activities.
And likely other members of his family.

I rely feel bad for poor Rat Lisi.
If StRoFo checks out, he'll have (first time ever) not ratted out someone...who promptly dies.

lol

Not that it's a major issue at this point but I have to point something out. I remember hearing about the tumour being removed from the appendix and, at the time, thinking who expects me to believe that a surgeon would do that? Hopefully, we can remove the tumour and we'll be able to save the appendix? Any surgeon would surely just cut the entire rig out. Basic rules apply: If it smells like bullshit it's extremely likely that's exactly what it is.

It's been confirmed that it wasn't a tumour in the appendix back in 09.

AoD

Joe Warmington

TORONTO -- While people around the world were watching, so was Mayor Rob Ford.

From his hospital bed.

While Dr. Zane Cohen was detailing the mayor's health crisis to the media, Ford was in his 14th-floor room in Mount Sinai with the TV on.

"He did have it on," said his nephew, Mikey Ford. "He was taking it all in but not saying much."

It was a lot to take in.

And what is there to say?

The mayor has cancer. The doctor said he needs two bouts of chemotherapy before the mayor's medical team considers the prospect of surgery.

That was the bad news.

The better news is there is hope. This was a welcome development because ever since word came down that the mayor was in hospital, the feeling has not been positive.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/09/17/21948851.html

Oh FFS, stop milking it for drama already Joe. He has been diagnosed with cancer - like a zillion other Canadians, some with far worse prognosis, and some having to deal with it multiple times. It doesn't take Rob Ford to somehow put a human face on the disease, or that his suffering is special.

AoD

Zane Cohen said it was "NON" contiguous. So NOT part of the first, larger tumour. Watch the video again.

Cohen may be trying to clarify that the tumor has not spread to other organs. The second tumor is in the same body part as the first, ie the fat layer that covers the body. This might be a subtle difference in medical definition that we are not aware of. Is it considered the part of the original tumor if a 2nd mass develops within the same organ?

Last edited:
^Actually, it does. Rob Ford is the new Terry Fox. I propose: Ford Nation Vote for the Cure.

That out of the way, I think Rob Ford should consider options other than chemo/radiation--a horrible ordeal that slowly poisons you to death. He should become--like his brother--a vegetarian, perhaps even just a raw vegan diet, abstain from all processed foods, sugars, diet "pops", alcohol, red meats etc.

Last edited:
Oh FFS, stop milking it for drama already Joe. He has been diagnosed with cancer - like a zillion other Canadians, some with far worse prognosis, and some having to deal with it multiple times. It doesn't take Rob Ford to somehow put a human face on the disease, or that his suffering is special.

AoD

Wait, according to that Joe Worms article, Mikey actually spoke? I recant and apologize if that's true. Give the man a Pulitzer. Also, what a great pic of Rob on the top of the article. All is missing is the literal halo.

^Actually, it does. Rob Ford is the new Terry Fox. I propose: Ford Nation Vote for the Cure.

That out of the way, I think Rob Ford should consider options other than chemo/radiation--a horrible ordeal that slowly poisons you to death. He should become--like his brother--a vegetarian, perhaps even just a raw vegan diet, abstain from all processed foods, sugars, diet "pops", alcohol, red meats etc.

Rob Ford is not the new Terry Fox - the latter went out of his way and did something great. The former, I don't know, just what has he done so far? Let's not soil the achievement of Terry Fox by drawing these ridiculous parallels.

As to your suggestion of homeopathic "treatment", even I wouldn't wish that on him, unless your goal is to encourage death from his cancer. Doubt it, yeah, look at Steve Jobs and where that sort of thinking took him.

AoD

I kinda wouldn't expect him to be drinking or drugging for the foreseeable future. Cohen said his chemo program will have to be quite heavy to treat this form of cancer, then he'll have surgery and recovery and who knows what else. I figure he'll be feeling way too rough to do anything illegal. Prescription pain meds, on the other hand...

Something else that Dr Cohen mentioned during the Q&A session, when asked about how successful treatment was likely to be, was along the lines of "if Ford wants it to work, it will work" which suggests to me an implicit reference to his drugs and drinking - ie if he wants it to work, he's going to have to stop the drugs and alcohol, otherwise it's not going to work.

I actually have no problem with Rob running for office after getting this diagnosis. I think that most of us would try and keep working in this situation. In Rob's case, "working" means running for office just like he's had to several times before.

I'm not saying he was good at that job, or that he deserves it. Just saying that campaigning for him is like the rest of us returning to work.

I actually have no problem with Rob running for office after getting this diagnosis. I think that most of us would try and keep working in this situation. In Rob's case, "working" means running for office just like he's had to several times before.

I'm not saying he was good at that job, or that he deserves it. Just saying that campaigning for him is like the rest of us returning to work.

It's not just like any of us returning to work. There is an entire ward of citizens who rely on their councillor to take care of things that directly affect their lives. It's selfish and irresponsible for him to stay in the race when he doesn't know if he can serve his citizens or not. I read in the Star this morning a quote from a "family source" that they decided Rob should stay in the race so he'd have something to live for. Once again, it was all about Rob. Not about the citizens he supposedly serves.

I think that most of us would try and keep working in this situation.

I wouldn't want to keep working. ( Although Rob's definition of "work" may not be the same as mine. ) I would get my MD to put me on Long Term Disability, and top it up with my Sick Bank.

Cancer is expensive. I wouldn't want to give up the city benefits package. Especially the prescription drug benefits. Not to mention the steady paycheck, and survivor benefits ( in case things take a turn for the worse. )

Last edited:
It's not just like any of us returning to work. There is an entire ward of citizens who rely on their councillor to take care of things that directly affect their lives. It's selfish and irresponsible for him to stay in the race when he doesn't know if he can serve his citizens or not. I read in the Star this morning a quote from a "family source" that they decided Rob should stay in the race so he'd have something to live for. Once again, it was all about Rob. Not about the citizens he supposedly serves.

Well said. A perfect demonstration of exactly how important "the people" are to Rob Ford when it's not about blowing smoke up their asses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back