39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to look forward to:

Kevin Donovan
‏@_kevindonovan
How helpful Kathy Ford was with detectives should be known soon. May explain why she seems on outs with family.

A heavy machine operator, a doctor, EMT\paramedics, cops. IMO basically any jobs that can have an immediate, large, and potentially fatal consequences either to themselves or others, if they are not 100% in the game.

Which is why police officers, firefighters and paramedics get early retirement.

And here we have a brother who has never put in anything remotely close to 100% as councillor (in fact, was planning to exit municipal politics) running for mayor, while a mayor who hasn't put in anything close to 100% now running as a councillor, plausibly without even conducting a campaign.

AoD

And a nephew who never said a word.

Just looking at this Guide to Staging Sarcoma.

Based on what was said, he is in either Stage 2 or 3.

I read it as Stage 4: Stage IV

Any T, Any N, M1, any G: The cancer can be any size (any T) and grade (any G). It has spread to lymph nodes near the tumor (N1) and/or to distant sites (M1).

As that's the only Stage that shows a spread to "distant sites". But I could be very wrong of course.

Kevin Donovan
‏@_kevindonovan
How helpful Kathy Ford was with detectives should be known soon. May explain why she seems on outs with family.

Given that Donovan does not provide info or innuendo capriciously I'm reading this as Kathy is definitely ex-communicated and her co-operation with police is total.

I still think we will see charges.

I read it as Stage 4: Stage IV

Any T, Any N, M1, any G: The cancer can be any size (any T) and grade (any G). It has spread to lymph nodes near the tumor (N1) and/or to distant sites (M1).

As that's the only Stage that shows a spread to "distant sites". But I could be very wrong of course.
I think it's stage 4 as well. Generally, any cancer that has spread to other areas is stage 4.

Also, after further research,a pleomorphic liposarcoma is a high grade tumour, putting him in Stage 3.

I don't think it has spread to lymph nodes, from what I heard? There seems to be 2 tumours, but of the same origin? The lymph nodes are important because they direct the spread of cancer to other regions.

Also from what I have read, his type of sarcoma doesn't have great response to chemo. It's also likely far away from the surface due to his obesity, which is another factor in prognosis. It's also considered a high risk for mets.

It is curious that the Ford camp is being positive about Chow. I don't think Doug has any intention of winning the election - I think he put a Ford on the ticket so at the last minute he can endorse Chow, swing Ford Nation (those that would bother to vote) and screw over Tory as a "gotcha" - that is if Tory doesn't blow his toes off in the coming weeks. Olivia seems to be picking up momentum again.

Kevin Donovan
‏@_kevindonovan

Also of note is that within the tweet he linked to the Star story about Juggo's charges being dropped.

I think it's stage 4 as well. Generally, any cancer that has spread to other areas is stage 4.

But that depends on the definition of "distant," doesn't it? From Cohen's description, it didn't sound like the second tumor was far from the first or in a different type of tissue. Maybe this is why he refused to comment on staging. It could be that they don't have enough info to determine the level of lymph node involvement and/or whether other cancer sites exist. Whatever the case, it sounds like Rob is around the line that differentiates Stage III from Stage IV.

It's not just like any of us returning to work. There is an entire ward of citizens who rely on their councillor to take care of things that directly affect their lives. It's selfish and irresponsible for him to stay in the race when he doesn't know if he can serve his citizens or not. I read in the Star this morning a quote from a "family source" that they decided Rob should stay in the race so he'd have something to live for. Once again, it was all about Rob. Not about the citizens he supposedly serves.

EXACTLY! Public office is NOT the same as other jobs, it just isn't.

Elected officials have a moral and ethical duty to their electors to serve to the best of their ability. If they are unable to do so, then they need to resign or in this case, drop out of the election. To do otherwise is pure selfishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back