News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just commuters but travelling salesfolk as well.

The potholes have been replaced by speed bumps.

TORONTO, ON - A dozen speed bumps along Toronto's tony Bridle Path and Post Rd. are delaying critically sick or injured patients from reaching Sunnybrook hospital, say paramedics and residents in the Don Mills area. Homeowners along the mansion-lined Bridle Path thoroughfare insist the bumps are needed to control traffic and reduce speeding. For seven years the issue has simmered, but now ambulance, fire and transit officials are lining up with residents' groups in the Don Mills area in a campaign to "dump the bumps." It's a battle that pits concerns over emergency response times for thousands against safety and tranquility in one of the city's most exclusive neighbourhoods. "We were told the rich and powerful people live in that area and they get what they want so we're told to avoid it," he says. "But if you're dealing with a critical patient where, honestly, seconds do make the difference, you're forced not to take that route. ... In an ambulance, if you hit (the bumps) hard, you can actually lift the patient right off the stretcher." Most often, paramedics avoid the route by taking a more circuitous path south on Leslie St., across Eglinton Ave. E. and up Bayview Ave. That route is about 1.5 kilometres longer and has 10 intersections with traffic lights. The Bridle Path/Post Rd. route has only four lights and two stop signs. The detour adds, on average, about five minutes

Something else that Dr Cohen mentioned during the Q&A session, when asked about how successful treatment was likely to be, was along the lines of "if Ford wants it to work, it will work" which suggests to me an implicit reference to his drugs and drinking - ie if he wants it to work, he's going to have to stop the drugs and alcohol, otherwise it's not going to work.

I think the doc could have been referring to keeping the stressful job as well as the other obvious factors.

With all these expensive cancer treatments suddenly an issue, it must be comforting to the Ford family to know they need never worry about their toilet paper budget as long as they have access to Joe Wormington's tongue.

Does that same reasoning apply to the rest of us? If I get sick, should I quit my job because I don't know if I can serve my employer properly?
Am I being selfish and irresponsible knowing that I might not be able to do it properly?
Nope. You keep going til you can't.

No, it doesn't apply to the rest of us. We are not elected officials.

And if I did not feel I could not do my job properly, I wouldn't do it. In my line of work I have a responsibility to my clients. If I cannot put 100% into their cases, I step aside. Period. The same should apply to elected officials.

MINO has been on Modified Duty since last year. Even took a Leave of Absence this summer.

If "folks" want to keep voting for him, you can't stop them.

No, it doesn't apply to the rest of us. We are not elected officials.

And if I did not feel I could not do my job properly, I wouldn't do it. In my line of work I have a responsibility to my clients. If I cannot put 100% into their cases, I step aside. Period. The same should apply to elected officials.

I think that can apply to other jobs as well frankly. A heavy machine operator, a doctor, EMT\paramedics, cops. IMO basically any jobs that can have an immediate, large, and potentially fatal consequences either to themselves or others, if they are not 100% in the game. Rob demonstrated how sub par he was during the initial response of the ice storm. And even after the grown ups had taken charge, and he was allowed in the same room probably as face saving measure. Rofles still could not stop camping and posing with emergency crew workers, while the clean up efforts were still ongoing.

Being merryl is not just yelling at potholes, drunk calling constichewants, endless selfies, or wearing the bling of office and showing up at events you voted against. Moron MINO can barely even manage that with his "Man I'm sooo hungover, but I'll soldier on to make it into the office before noon...well maybe a bit after noon, pobody's nerfect." If city hall was really run like a business the way the Fords like to always claim, they would've got turfed out in the first month, if not week.

And here we have a brother who has never put in anything remotely close to 100% as councillor (in fact, was planning to exit municipal politics) running for mayor, while a mayor who hasn't put in anything close to 100% now running as a councillor, plausibly without even conducting a campaign.

re: diapers

Given it's chemo, he might need barfbags first.

AoD

Somebody I know who has had cancer says presence of necrotic tissue is very bad.

Cohen stated this was probably why he was having pain. The tumour doesn't have enough of a blood supply to sustain itself and so cells have died off - necrotic tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back