8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Olivia isn't naive. Let's be honest - Olivia and Jack used his own illness to maximum political benefit.
What? Where do you get this BS?

Show me any evidence that anyone even mentioned Layton's cancer during the federal election only a few weeks before he died. It was kept a secret as far as I recall.

How can you possibly compare a man like Jack Layton to a drug-addicted wife-beating child-abusing racist?

I'm not. God... this will probably get me banned or something.
If you do NOT think that Olivia and Jack highly scripted "the letter" post Jack's death to ensure his legacy then you are blinded by partisanship. I'm saying all are politicians. All have used personal circumstances in certain instances for political advantage.

If you do NOT think that Olivia and Jack highly scripted "the letter" post Jack's death to ensure his legacy then you are blinded by partisanship. I'm saying all are politicians. All have used personal circumstances in certain instances for political advantage.

View attachment 33895

What? Where do you get this BS?

Show me any evidence that anyone even mentioned Layton's cancer during the federal election only a few weeks before he died. It was kept a secret as far as I recall.

How can you possibly compare a man like Jack Layton to a drug-addicted wife-beating child-abusing racist?

Thank you, nfitz

Peter Lynn @Peter_Lynn · Sep 17
If Rob Ford is really sick, I feel bad for @joe_warmington, who by tradition must be slain to accompany his master to the afterlife.

Joe Warmington @joe_warmington · Sep 17
@Peter_Lynn this is second time this person has talked of my death.Could someone please tell me his identity. This time I will contact TPS

I'm puzzled why @joe_warmington would ask for someone else to confirm my identity (which isn't secret) in a direct reply to me.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure it isn't a crime to compare the Fords' court scribe to the servant of an Egyptian pharaoh. @joe_warmington

Doctorb Anonymous @DoctorbTO · Sep 17
@joe_warmington Ummm,I'm pretty sure he's called @Peter_Lynn... Man, you really are terrible at twitter, aren't you?

This proves Warmington is far more stupid than he is evil.

That's a single letter written in the hours as he died.

Surely not mentioning the obviously very serious cancer that Layton was clearly suffering from during the election is what should be compared to the grandstanding of the wife-beating racist during this election.

There's no comparison. I'm aghast that such a comparison to a vile piece of shit like Rob Ford could ever be made! And I say this having consistently attacked Layton's dumbass position on more than one topic!

View attachment 33860

"Rob Ford’s bedside call to arms is a message of raw emotion"
http://www.insidetoronto.com/news-s...ide-call-to-arms-is-a-message-of-raw-emotion/

"Whether all these shifts are enough to push Doug Ford into the mayor’s office or not, it’s going to be a lot harder to talk sensibly about the future of the city amid all the tears.

It’s not so simple anymore, is it?"

Very à-popo, as usual, Casita.

Rob's veil of tears will run interference for Doug's abrasiveness.
The meryl tag team continues: it's still 2Ford Crew.

Luigi, not Mario. Got it.

Layton's popularity helped the NDP become the official opposition. A lot of people felt taken when Jack up and died on them. Olivia can't be too hard on Rob without the question of Jack coming up.

ETA:
So Jack did exactly what Rob is doing. He ran for office knowing full well he couldn't do the job. How can Olivia challenge Rob on this without it coming back to her?
no not exactly. with some minor overlap, but far from exactly. :rolleyes:

Even Chow won her seat before anyone new he was sick so it didn't even help her.

so I guess Justin Trudeau used Pierre's huge state funeral for political gain too. yep, he kept that in his pocket for 13 years! Unless you bury your politician relative in an unmarked grave and tell the press they ran away, you are "using" their death!!!

no not exactly. with some minor overlap, but far from exactly. :rolleyes:

Even Chow won her seat before anyone new he was sick so it didn't even help her.

so I guess Justin Trudeau used Pierre's huge state funeral for political gain too. yep, he kept that in his pocket for 13 years! Unless you bury your politician relative in an unmarked grave and tell the press they ran away, you are "using" their death!!!

I didn't say that Layton used his illness for political gain. (He didn't)
I said he ran knowing full well that he could not serve the term.

Rob is running for councilor knowing he won't be able to work much.
Kinda hard for Olivia to criticize him for that.

I didn't say that Layton used his illness for political gain. (He didn't)
I said he ran knowing full well that he could not serve the term.

Rob is running for councilor knowing he won't be able to work much.
Kinda hard for Olivia to criticize him for that.

Didn't he get cancer twice? I thought he won after he beat the first bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back