39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chow says leave the the Fords alone
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/512708524535603200
Daniel DaleVerified account ‏@ddale8

Chow response (my typo corrected) when asked about people talking about Rob Ford politicking for Doug from hospital: pic.twitter.com/VgMD5h2FFQ
Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg

Attachments

• Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg
    Bx2BrttCAAEMbbB.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 758
Last edited:
Exactly. No one knew how grim things were until his final news conference.

Layton's popularity helped the NDP become the official opposition. A lot of people felt taken when Jack up and died on them. Olivia can't be too hard on Rob without the question of Jack coming up.

ETA:
So Jack did exactly what Rob is doing. He ran for office knowing full well he couldn't do the job. How can Olivia challenge Rob on this without it coming back to her?

Last edited:
Mikey will probably be the de-facto ruler in Ward 2 while Rob sits in bed. Worst case scenario for them is Rob dies and Mikey's chances of keeping the seat are much higher.

Layton's popularity helped the NDP become the official opposition. A lot of people felt taken when Jack up and died on them. Olivia can't be too hard on Rob without the question of Jack coming up.

Guys... do you not think "the letter" was crafted for maximum political benefit? He had a state funeral for crying out loud. Olivia Chow did a CBC special (prior to announcing her run for mayor) where she showed everyone the sculpture she was desinging for Jack.

I'm not saying Layton wasn't a decent man, and not comparing him to RoFo, but if you think that using sickness for political benefit has only been done by the Fords than you're either naive or blinded by political stripes (IMO).

And I'll re-iterate what Kilroy said above... she can't chastise Rob because her hubbie did the exact same thing...

My point is that Olivia is not the naive and nice person I think people want her to be. She's a political veteran.

Last edited:

ETA:
So Jack did exactly what Rob is doing. He ran for office knowing full well he couldn't do the job. How can Olivia challenge Rob on this without it coming back to her?

She can't. But she's not running against Rob. Doug is fair game, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back