While walking down King Street yesterday, I was behind a couple people who were looking at the building. They were convinced the white stripes were on there to keep the windows from falling onto the street!

Thought that was pretty funny :)

If I was Brad, I'd be more concerned with the fact that so many of those white stripes don't line up properly. How does that even happen? Clumsy work.

Which ones? They all seem fine to me.

Also, the confirmation that the green is not final came from Brad himself on his Twitter. It should still be there if one were to look.

Here's a zoom of just one small area. I don't think I need to point out the problem areas-
11507569456_38657b3d79_h.jpg

Photo credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/15643394@N05/11507569456/sizes/h/ Meteor54

Which ones? They all seem fine to me.

Also, the confirmation that the green is not final came from Brad himself on his Twitter. It should still be there if one were to look.

Interesting to know why that was done?
It would seem to be very costly and time consuming to put all that expensive temporary green glass up, install the banding over it and go back again, remove the banding, the glass and install more expensive glass and reinstall the banding.
Unless they were planning on putting a film over the green glass.

With the bands over the glass, this is not a common install and the first of this kind of detailing used in Toronto on such a large scale (along with Pier 27), so I'm sure the tradespeople are learning as they go along. There are so many individual panels involved so there have been and will be some of these panels mixed up in the process which would cause the misalignment. In the end it will look just fine. At Pier 27 the bands are much longer, regular with less pieces so it's harder to mix up the pieces during the install.

Last edited:
If I was Brad, I'd be more concerned with the fact that so many of those white stripes don't line up properly. How does that even happen? Clumsy work.

The building is not done yet. I'm sure they will fix this before completion.

As we can see from the last pic, the white lines are correctly placed. They will continue through the air in some areas and connect on the balconies with various balcony levels.

The photo doesn't show it but they are not all completely straight. Some individual pieces are off a bit. And there are obviously pieces still missing. It will all be fixed before the building is complete.

Lamb usually does a great job with these condos, interesting to see how the Harlowe turns out but I do love Theatre Park

Also the bands pertruding off the top (green) box would have tied it all together litterally ...at least appear to make sense for having the bands the entire length of the building. Its still nice looking but hardly makes sense now.

Back